Big tod fusion and Weils osteotomy...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had the above surgury on my left foot on March 1st after a previous surgery left me walking on the balls of my feet.  I'm now 9 weeks post surgery and while the big toe seems to bd doing ok my 2nd toe swells so much that it sticks upwards....equally the toe and top of my foot are really quite sore and the underneath feels brused after just a few hours of being on them.... 

I also have a large gap between the big and 2nd toe....which I'm praying will close.

I had the same procedure on my right foot 2 years ago which has

recovered well.....I really don't remember what level of discomfort I was in.

Has anyone else had the same surgery.....I do know from past experience that it's a long haul but by looking at photos of my right foot at 9 weeks post op last time there was a noticable difference in how my foot was progressing.

Am I being a bit hasty in expecting to be at the same stage?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you think your foot look different after 9 weeks? Do you have pictures?
    • Posted

Not a great noticeable difference....the end of the big toe looks as though it's turning in a bit..

I can't upload a photo on my tablet or phone....there isn't the little icons to be able to do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.