Big toe fusion or Bunionectomy redo

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello! I’m new to the group and I would appreciate any input about big toes fusion. I had bunionectomy many years ago and due to Rheumatoid arthritis my bunions have grown immensely again plus I have crooked toes my feet are a disaster. My orthopedic surgeon suggested toe fusion, but he did not told me anything good about it , his words were "you will never walk normal again you’re gonna walk with the gait, you’re never gonna be able to wear normal shoes so you’ll probably have to wear tennis shoes for the rest of your life, or very white shoes but your pain will be gone. What the heck I think he doesn’t wanna do the surgery. My bunions don’t hurt what it hurts the most is my big toe is pushing my other toes and they get swollen. So I am really doubting that the surgery is for me. I have read that big toe fusion is for people who is really sedentary, I’m 66 years old but I’m very active I still work and not planning on stopping so what I’m looking for is your guises input on a redo bunion surgery. I appreciate all your comments thank youimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.