Big Toe Infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

Last Saturday my right big toe became swollen and very painful. It’s happened a few times which leads me to believe it may be a fracture I’ve never had disagnoaed but has never healed . I’ve been tested for gout which came back negative. Does anyone know of any good home remedies? 

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wayne, 

Have they checked you for anything else? Swollen with shoes on? Or both, with and with out? 

Maybe Arthritis?

R

• Posted

I think I will go back to the doctors again. I think arthritis might be the cause 

Thanks

• Posted

YW Wayne, 

Look up Cheilectomy. I had that first.  Pretty easy, put under, smooth recovery.... after six months mine didn't work as the pain came back. Doc told me to give myself a report card. A being the best and obviously F being the worse in pain. He said if you grade yourself a C- or lower its time to make a decision. Get all your answers first.   Toes can be so much more for pain wise. He'll lead you right with an X-Ray. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.