Big toe is hurting when walking

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

After my ankle surgery last feb 2016 and remove my cast last april 2016,. I still experience pain in my big toe while walking how long i will experience this?,. Sometimes it hurt but sometimes its not,.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have had the same problem, now it’s a minor one. I had surgery in September, What was your Ankle Surgery?

I am going to see a chiropractor.

• Posted

I had pain in all my toes after my ankle and foot surgery and am now at week 14 and it is gone.  Since yours is at a year you may want to discuss it with the doctor as it could be nerve related.  
    • Posted

I have had some pain in my toes as well. I think its normal. I get the most pain in my big toe on occassion. I had my 2 foot/ankle surgery dec 8, and supposed to be on moderate weight bearing, but i have gone full weight bearing, and feeling great. i go back to the dr tomorrow. 
    • Posted

It sounds like you are making good progress.  I hope your appointment goes well. 
  • Posted

Hi All

Thanks for sharing your experience, I'll see my doctor this weekend if the pain is not gone. But now the pain is lessen I think it is because of the shoes. Im wearing formal shoes because of my new job.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.