Bigeminy - same time every day

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi. ive had afib for years and medicate around it quite successfully. in recent years iv started getting pvcs that grow to become a constant bigeminy rhythm. what is really puzzling me is that the pvcs i get will happen pretty much at the same time every day. they will ramp up, stay around for a few hours and then disipate. i will have 100s of them during this 3-4 hour event. the sheer repeatability of it makes me wonder if there is something causing them as for the remianing part of the day there will be zero events recorded.

now, ive tried many many things to see if i can alter this daily nightmare, from complete diet-fasting to moving medicine times around and other varied experiments. shifting mealtimes, exercises etc.... however the pvc bigeminy cycle will always remain constant from 4pm to 8pm. doesnt matter what exercie i do etc..

does anyone have a clue as to what to try next. it feels solvable, but the cardiologist just says "it is what it is" and heres some pills to weaken the affects.

heres an attached ecg from today showing the ramping up of PVCs

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried keeping a very detailed diary recording everything you do from food and drink to exercise sitting in front of the computer , time you take pills or have a coffee or alcohol?

As its so specific you might be able to pinpoint it if you keep the diary for a couple of wees then analyse the findings.

Have you recently changed your diet by becoming say a vegan or switched your main meal from evening to lunch?

• Posted

Hi, your heart rate looks like its on the slower side...so one thing I've found that makes ectopics stop if they are coming pretty frequently is increasing my heart rate. This, I've been told, sort of doesn't leave room for the abnormal beats to sneak in. I would just start doing some cardio exercise that ramped up my hr and it usually stopped it.

• Posted

Russ, I am sorry this is happening to you, but I feel oddly relieved to read about someone else's experience that is exactly like my own. PVCs start in the mid-afternoon and carry on into the evening. I do have them other times of day, but this is the typical time, and very reliable. It has gotten so that I schedule most of what I need to do in the early part of the day so that I can be at home and do whatever I feel is needed to minimize the ectopics during that time. I too have tried different timing for taking medication and supplements, tried being more active, less active. Mostly nothing makes a difference.

I asked my EP about this and she said, "Well, people have circadian rhythms...we can't really connect them to arrhythmias, though." I really wanted a better answer than that!

Please feel supported....you are not alone.

Jennifer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.