Bilateral Complex Cysts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,

So, I was diagnosed with a complex cyst on each ovary.  One is about 2 cm and the other is about 1.6cm.  I'm 32 and have never had kids. I'm so worried that this will interfere with my fertility due to having to have surgery or ovary removal.

Has anyone had this? What was the result? It seems that complex cysts   are less likely to go away on their own.  Waiting two months seems awful when it seems like the outcome will just be that they have not resolved. 

Please share your story.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Age 51 diagnosed in February 2017 with left 12cm demo is cyst and right 6cm cystadenofibroma. Was rushed in with severe abdominal pains sent home while tests where carried out. Saw Gynae surgeon in April for results. Had me down for immediate op of both cysts ovaries and fallopian tubes but as pain had gone wanted to watch and wait for 6 months. Due to see gynae surgeon on 17th Oct for review. Felt like poop most of the time. Heavy pressure feeling in pelvis, bladder weakness and bowel issues. Bloated and have no energy. Hoping they decide to operate as had enough of feeling like this, not doing my mental health any good at all. Just want to feel normal again!
  • Posted

I was also concerned with fertility issues after removal surgery. My doctor told me that after multiple surgeries it could decrease fertility but as long as it does not become a frequent occurrence there should not be any major effects.
    • Posted

I have had three that have gone away on their own. I have two right now, one on each ovary. I will be getting them removed next month.
    • Posted

Once they get to a substantial size they're less likely to go away. The one that I have had for a year started at 2cm. The doctor was hopeful it would go away. So you might have a good chance of not having to remove them.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that.  How big were the ones that went away?  Likewise, how big are the ones you are having removed? After you were first diagnosed, did you start birth control?

Sorry for all the questions.  I'm just so worried and this is new to me.

• Posted

It is okay I completely understand. They were all under 3cm. The one I'm getting removed is over an inch. Yes I was put on birth control. It helped me for the first couple months but has not been doing much recently.

• Posted

Wow, I cannot believe they still developed while you were on the pill.  Do you plan to have children?  Is this a situation where sooner is better than later once diagnosed? 

• Posted

I do plan to have children. It is best to be aware of the situation but it is best,in my opinion, to give them some time to see if they will go away on their own. My doctor had me wait 6 weeks before going on the pill to see if it would go away. Then he put me on the pill to see if that would help. Now we have tried everything so we are choosing surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.