Bilateral hip arthritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I’m 42 and since I gave birth at 38 I started having pain in my right hip. I have arthritis in my hand fingers since I’m 32 and those got very painful after giving birth as well. Last November I’ve noticed my other hip was hurting much more too. I went to a doctor and he said I had hip arthritis  on both hips grade 2 ( early stages). The pain now is bad affecting my knees and I feel depressed because it’s just going to get worse. I did some physiotherapy but it doesn’t really help with the pain. I can’t take NSAIDs because I have chronic bile gastritis since taking my gallbladder. Has anyone done some hip surgery to treat early arthritis with or without stem cells therapy? Please help. I feel I can’t enjoy life same way with my little one...

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Has the doctor done any tests to make sure that it's not something other than arthritis? There are a things that are easily tested by taking your blood and that can be used to rule out certain diseases and conditions that could be affecting your hips. If you have thyroid problems that will cause body aches and pains but those are more spread throughout the body. I think you're too young really but there have been people that have something called polymyalgia rheumatica. You can Google it and see if you have any of the other symptoms. When you do Google it'll say that you have to be 50 should have it but that's just not true. I just talked to somebody a couple days ago it was just diagnosed with it at the age of 38. You also probably want to get checked for anemia there's different types other than iron deficiency anemia. Of course there's always bursitis but I think they have to roll that out with an x-ray. Have you tried injections in your hips? I know of a lot of people that have success with them

• Posted

It’s  definetly hip osteoarthritis. Had blood tests to ruled out rheumatoid arthritis. The doctor also told me that I possibly have something called acetabular protrusion which is when the acetabulum is deep in the pelvis. My arthritis is purely genetics, my mum had it from younger age too. I haven’t tried injections yet, but I’m looking for someone that has had hip arthroscopy and stem cells to see if that can help with my pain which is now constant and I’m starting to limp.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.