Bilateral knee replacement 15 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

It's been not easy but I have been doing everything PT has asked knee bends, extension, stretching calf, step up/step down, balance on one leg hold 10 seconds and switch, lean forward and bend knee. Now PT has added rocking on hands and knees 4x a day ,and bridging exercise. My knee bend is at 100-112 range. Doctor wants to see a 120 bend by now. I am Feeling so discouraged what more can i do?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi! I am 5 weeks post op TKR. Have you tried heel slides with the strap? I put the strap on my foot and bring my knee up and back as close to my chest as I can. My flex is 110 with the strap. I do 30 at a time. Also the bike really loosens it up at therapy. My problem is my extension. I am at -3. I need to be 0. Today they put a hard plastic half moon under my heel and wanted me to relax the leg which dosnt lay flat....then put a 5lb weight on the knee to push it flat for 8 mins...Omg!!! I was ready to scream it hurt so bad but I pushed through and I'm still in pain!!! Just keep going! Trying and stressing to PT that your Dr wants that bend..I talk about it every session and they add a new exercise! Hope you feel better! We will all get there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.