Bilateral leg pain for almost 3 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 30 year old male that has been experiencing bilateral leg pain for almost 3 months. Pain is mainly in thighs and calves. No weakness really, and no numbness. Some spasms... Usually okay if not walking or standing for an extended period of time, but will start to ache when doing so. Hot baths seem to help best. I'm afraid to start exercising and don't know what to do.

Pain initially started the same day that I had a stomach bug. Not sure if it is a coincidence. I didn't really have a fever and the bug only lasted a day... Had a little arm soreness that lasted briefly but has subsided.

The only connection I have found was experiencing some rhabdo (high CK levels) a year and half ago after a very vigorous exercise session. I peed brown and went to the doctor. Took Advil and Tylenol. Pain was experienced in same parts of legs (thighs, calves) and I could hardly walk for a week. After that, I appeared to be fine (up until now).

My GP recommended physical therapy for this most recent episode but I was worried so sought the advice of a Rheumatologist. Got EMG and long list of blood tests. All results were normal. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you have any sort of history of muscle problems before this you may like to consider reading about McArdle disease. Look for the IamGSD website and you will find a section for McArdle disease (GSD5). To a page called Could my problems be due to McArdle's? Many people are not diagnosed until your age, but once they are they normally recognise that they had some issues going back to childhood.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. No issues with muscles during childhood or anytime before this... Also my ck levels are fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.