Bilateral Medieres post nerve section

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Meniere's, left side, had many therapies, after many injections I lost 80% hearing and eventually had an 8th nerve section in 2002. Great success!!!!!!!!!!

Forward to 2012 I was diagnosed with Meniere's, right side and am having injections and therapy now.

As my left balance nerve is severed and my right balance nerve is severely compromised I am not able to walk many times per day. I have had 4 drop attacks since January, of which one, caused a massive concussion.

Does anyone have a similar condition and have any suggestions?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sue, I feel so badly for you. There are few options for treating your good ear after you've lost the balance in your affected ear with surgery to eradicate meniere's. You must maintain the function of your one ear. There may be some hope on the horizon in a year or two. I'm going to cut and past a blurb about a potential treatment. Keep an eye on this drug for treating meniere's. It's a drug taken orally but still in trials.

SEATTLE, June 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Sound Pharmaceuticalsis pleased to announce that the FDA has allowed its pivotal Phase 3 clinical protocol for SPI-1005 in the Treatment of Patients with Meniere's Disease (STOPMD-3).

Take care !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.