Bilateral nerve pain in both legs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Back in December I had abdominal surgery which caused nerve damage which ended in me sitting a lot. I few weeks ago I started experiencing a pins and needles sensation down both legs from upper thigh to calf. I am also experiencing pain in my bottom. My lower back is also tingling. I am concerned what could be causing this as they say bilateral nerve pain is rare such as sciatic. Back in October a ct scan showed degenerative disc disease with narrowing at l4-5 and l5-s1. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Can I ask what was the abdominal procedure that started things off?  If you have these lesions on CT scan, that would explain your tingling and pain, never mind any surgical procedure.  Bilateral nerve pain with bilateral disc problems and narrowing in the openings for the nerves will result in bilateral nerve irritation. When nerves get irritated they cause that tingling, pain and then it progresses to muscle weakness.  I think you are on the right path getting the MRI to get a better diagnosis and then have a look at the myriad of pain management options.
    • Posted

I had an extremely tight band feeling in my stomach just beneath my belly. After several procedures and test they did exploratory surgery, hysteroscopy where they removed a large polyp and repaired a small umbilical hernia. Although the tight band feeling is gone I got inguinal nerve damage which caused pain every time I stood for a few minutes. The pain was finally residing when the bilateral nerve pain started. I will see what my GP has to say tomorrow. I am already seeing PM for original nerve pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.