Bilateral nerve pain in the wrists.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone, I’m hoping for some answers on here as so far the drs have given me nothing. 

I currently have bilateral nerve pain in my wrists, elbow, bicep and shoulders. The biceps feels more like  muscular pain than nerve.  This all started after an operation for frozen shoulder but the surgeon says this has nothing to do with FS. 

I’ve had an MRI which showed slight nerve impingement to c4/5 but the neurosurgeon says it’s not significant and wouldn’t cause the pain both sides. Now to the rheumatologist who has told me what it’s not but not what it is. 

I’ve been to Osteos, myotherapists, Physio’s etc for treatment which helps for a couple of hours but that’s it. It’s terrible pain, I can’t work, I can barely get dressed and look after myself. I’ve been put on lyrica and endone for the pain. 

I’m a t1 diabetic so I was thinking it might be diabetic neuropathy in my arms but that has been shut down also. 

I need answers, nothing is helping, I’m waiting for blood test results about some rare condition but that seems unlikely. Does anyone have an opinion about what this could be? Anyone??? I’m so over the pain and my life being on hold. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, so sorry that you have to deal with this difficult journey.  It sounds like nerve damage to me and I think your best diagnostic tool is a nerve conduction test with a neurologist. This way you will have proof if any part of the spinal cord is involved. Your operation makes me believe you have these issues. Once you get diagnosed a pain clinic may be a good choice for you. Now to the real truth, not all drs are good at finding out your issues so if the neurologists can pinpoint where your pain is coming from you have a chance to get some help. You are in for a long battle/process and you need to be your own advocate for your best health outcome. Do Not let anyone tell you it’s not real, if your body is telling you it is in pain, It Is! Think of yourself as a warrior who soul purpose is to get you as healthy as you can be. This can be very depressing, frightening and exhausting experience. Do your very best and ask for help with your family and friends for the emotions you may be dealing with. I am sending a hug and my best wishes your way.  P.S. I have been on this journey for years with major back surgery to every shot known to man to having a nerve stimulating implant to major pain management drugs. Just wanted you to know I give this advice from personal experience. ??🍀🕊🌹🌷🌺🌸

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply and great advice and thoughts. 

I’m currently on the waiting list at a pain clinic here in Melbourne Australia and also for a neurologist. The wait list unfortunately is quite long and yes I agree the nerve conduction test is definitely what is needed. 

I try to stay positive but when even when simple things like typing this kill me it’s really hard. Getting dressed, cooking dinner etc is fun and I’m sure the neighbors hear me swearing. 

Thank you again. 

• Posted

Surgery can cause nerve damage.  This sounds like the most plausible cause since it started after surgery.  I got one of my neuropathic injuries after a blood test so medical interventions can cause this.

A neurologist maybe able to help.  Ask for a higher dose of your medication or a different drug if your current meds don’t work.  Other than that, there is very little that can be done for neuropathy.  I have decided not take medication for my neuropathy because I feel it would only make things worse.  The best pain relief for me is hot weather.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.