bilateral salpingectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a laparoscopy and bilateral salpingectomy and left partial oopherectomy and pelvic washout 5 days ago  I have passed stools although with difficulty and after a lengthy period of time this morning I noticed one stool had a small amount of bright red blood in it.  Is this normal? Should I take a laxative?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Hun

Send someone to the pharmacy and tell the pharmacist your situation.

If you are worried phone the Dr.

But I think if it happens again definitely call them.

I had a terrible day the other day with going to the loo, the general anaesthetic and morphine combined with strong painkillers really bunged me up and I was sat for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening in agony trying to go.

My stools were so solid (sorry to be so in detail) . Next day my husband went and got me some natural laxitive from the pharmacist , and that helped. I just needed a bit to get things going and now I'm fine so only needed a few tablets. I don't ever struggle in this department usually but it's all the drugs ect.

Hope you get sorted soon,

Our poor body's hey!!!

• Posted

Thanks Hun. It's a bloody nightmare Last few days have sat on loo for up to an hour each time and still feel like I haven't finished still taking painkillers so probably not helping. I will try a mild laxative

Thanks for the advice xx

• Posted

Don't stop your painkillers as your body needs them , just try the natural laxatives first, they take a good day and a bit to get going , but have plumbs,figs and fruits like that to help too. And if you are really still struggling then the pharmacist can give you a liquid laxitive that works faster. You prob won't need this though!!

I know how you feel as I cried sat on the loo the other day , crazy to cry about a poo but I was in a state! But all the frustration is soon over with .

Hang in there!!

Hugs xxx

• Posted

That was me this morning. Sobbing. How sad I don't normally have a problem going, Especially after 4 weeks of antibiotics pre op of going continuously was strange not to be able to go. Seeing the bright red blood although only a small amount was a bit scary think I'm just feeling very emotional as well I'm not the best of patients I have just taken a natural laxative luckily had some in cupboard so will see what happens

Xxx

• Posted

You will be ok Hun, this is a short period of time our body's are going through hell, but we are designed well and will heal soon!!

Make sure you do lots of lovely things once better!!

I'm working on booking an abroad hol in February, need to have something to look forward to!!!

Takecare xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.