Bilateral Trigeminal Neuralgia

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone i was diagnosed with TN in 2011. it affected the right side of my face. I was in remission for 3 years before my latest episode started june 21st then ended about 5 weeks later. now the left side has started shocking about a week now. how could this happen. ive never had any surgery for this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that but the only way to know where the nerve compression is, will be to get an MRI

• Posted

I was told that nerve structure can change in a year to two years so i would suggest another scan. in my opinion, you should get a fresh scan done.

• Posted

In case it is of any help, I suffer TN via corneal nerve damage. I had all the scans but they showed nothing. I then had an IVCM eye scan which showed corneal nerve damage from my injury.

If you have any eye problems the corneal nerve forms part of the nerve pain pathway

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.