Bilateral Trigeminal Neuralgia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone had MVD for bilateral TN? I have it on both sides. I am wondering how long I might need to wait between having the procedure for each side. My neurosurgical consult said about 4 weeks. Is that really long enough? I am trying to plan the time off from work.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

OMG Im so sorry I just have one side. does it do pain on one side the same pain on the other side. like burning on both sides at the same time or say

a shock on one side burning on other

im so sorry

• Posted

Thank you for your response. It does whatever it wants. Lol. Pain on just one side. Or pain in one spot on one side and on a different spot on the other side. I'm even more frustrated now because I was scheduled to have the first surgery in May. But the governor of my state has ordered all elective surgeries cancelled until further notice .

• Posted

Im having the gamma knife very soon but not scheduled. i had the needle one that statmrts with where they stick needles in your face and stir around which did nothing. if its that one take plenty of meds before bed or u will pay. i didnt cause still numb. worst pain of life. The glass hurt my lips to take my pill but instantly better. are u getting MVD? Bless You

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.