Bilateral Vestibular Hypofunction

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all! ! i have been suffering from recurrent episodic vertigo for about two years now. MRI was normal and don't have BPPV (had an ENG done and that was ruled out). During the ENG it was discovered that I have bilateral vestibular hypofunction. I still get vertigo episodes every 4-6 weeks and my gaze stability is terrible. I cannot really make out anything very clearly while walking or moving. Does anyone have any experience with this? Did the vertigo ever stop?? And what helped you? Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had something similar. I found a physical therapist who taught me Vestibular eye exercises, which eventually cleared it up. It works. Hope this helps.

• Posted

I'm having similar symptoms and am working with a PT but it's not helping. Susan19327, can you eleberate on your PT exercises? And how long is "eventually"?

• Posted

Are you doing eye exercises? They helped me. I wasn't immediate, but it worked pretty quickly. I was told if I have a set back to do the exercises again. I have, and they did work.

• Posted

Susan, thanks for the reply. yes I've been doing the exercises for about 2 months and my symptoms are getting worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.