BILATERAL VESTIBULAR HYPOTENSION

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with bilateral vestibular hypotension - I have dizziness, head feels just "crazy", tinnitus, headaches. I have to get better to function. It is hard for me to drive and go into the stores. I am going to start the gaze stabilization exercises from PT, I do the migraine diet. Does anyone use benzo meds like klonopin or antidepressants? I read an old post on here of someone that said SSRIs helped her. Any helpful advice is appreciated. I know I have read o stary active. It is hard but I want to get better.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello ive had a vestibular disorder for a while now. I'm glad you know to stay active! That is the main thing...But yes a lot of people take anti depressants for these illnesses so you dont feel anxious about your symptoms! That way it makes it easy for your brain to compensate 😃 so take the antidepressants if you want to. They aren't for everyone but honestly theyve helped some people get to at least 90 percent seeing as how it keeps them relaxed. 😄

• Posted

l went for vestibular exercises did help I'm on sertartine it did help

• Edited

Hello how were you diagnosed woth that? I've had every test amd still no diagnosis. stores bother me driving, constant floaty feeling in head and my eyes are off. feel like they are moving. but nothing from mri ct blood ent eye doc neuro etc....

• Posted

hi Sybil-i have not heard of bilateral vestibular hypertension. however i have been diagnosed with vestibular migraines after a diagnosis of BPPV then Vestibular Neuritis. I had the same symptoms you have described. from May to August i was being treated for the vestibular Nueritis. i was on steroids in PT and not getting better. i knew something wasnt right. the doctors kept changing when i would get better. it was here in this forum that i learned about vestibular migraines. my brain was so foggy but i started to realize that i had been getting a lot of headaches and was always searching for tylenol ect at work. i asked my Ent to try to treat for the migraines. i was prescribed Norotriptiline and had an immediate postive response. my head cleared, the dizziness stopped and i started to be me again. Do you have access to an Otolaryngologist? i am now being treated by this type of doctor and he is sure its vestibular migraines. he says the norotriptiline will be increased until every symptom is gone-my brain gets reset then i come off meds. i also am taking magnesium. which works for migraine prevention. google the vestibular migraines and see if it matches you-it did for me-even down to having a numb hand. iam so much better on this medication. Norotriptiline. ask your doctor, what do you have to lose. i have had the ringing/buzzing in my ears since May- but with my med increase i am starting to notice its not as loud and there have been a few days it hasnt been there. my doctor said its part of the vestibular migraines. benzos didnt help me with this. but norotriptiline is an antidepressant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.