Bile Binder Colesevelam

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all well I saw the Consultant yesterday as you probably know I am suffering from BAM and have been for 3 and half years! I take Colesevelam bile binder and Imodium. She asked me who told me about the Colesevelam so I said an online group then she wanted to know who prescribed them I said my GP I began to wonder what the hell she was getting at! then she said well we have only just been given the OK to prescribe that particular Bile Binder so you are a very lucky lady! Lucky??? So my lovely people if you are suffering like me from Chronic D after your gall bladder operation get these tablets! I have now started suffering from Constipation would you believe? lol so the consultant told me to go down to one tablet a day instead of two and lean on the imodium more so I will take her advice and see how I go on and I will let you know I have to go back in 3 months. Dont forget COLESEVELAM!! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness me. When are the doctors going to get their heads round what is going on here?

I have had my gallbladder removed 6 months ago but tend to be constipated.

Hope this stuff works for you.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Sandynan am delighted you've found something that works for you. Great to hear your constipated after all the diarrhea!! Please God you can return to a normal life now. I wish you well. Take care xxx
  • Posted

I have my gallbladder removed four years ago as well. Since than I still have pain all over my stomach I am severely constipated and in pain. The pain is all over of my large colon. I hardly can sit. At first it started at the right upper side of the same spot that was my galblader but now is all over. I did many blood works and stool samples except colonoscopy which I am afraid of. Now is Anyone has the same problem after removal of the galblader?

Plz help Me.

• Posted

Hey. I was just wondering if you've had any side effects from these tablets ?

I started taking them for BAM 2 weeks ago and the first week was totally fine but now I have terrible diahrea and can't keep anything down.

Dr thinks its a bug but I've been advised to lay off colesevelam until its passed and then try again when the sickness and diahrea has finished.

• Posted

Hi fanta I have been taking them for 18months and have been ok no side effects whatsoever, I also have BAM I had my GB Op 4 years ago the Colesevelam does control it but I do have flare up's and then nothing helps so perhaps your having a bad flare up I dont get sickness with it though thank goodness! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.