Bile reflux and gastritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have gastritis with a lot of bile and metaplasia. Has anybody got this and can anyone suggest treatments please. I am very worried.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

There are meds to control bile reflux. Ask your Doc to help you out. This is first thing to do get your bile under control. Are you taking meds for gastritis. If not and not working. Also there are a lot of meds for that Also. So be strong and smart about your problems. Hope you try and talk to pcp or get a second opinion. Good luck.
    • Posted

Am taking  ranitidine and lanzoprezole and hospital have suggested erythromycin as well. Prokinetics drugs not got good reputation as

can cause arrhythmia. I am just so scared this will lead to cancer. Thank you for replying.  What drugs do you know of to control bile.

• Posted

Oxbile. This may help with bile. Google it and see what you think. It has helped people with bile problems. Good Luck.😄

• Posted

You did say there's are meds to control bile reflux, can you tell what they are please, thank you for your help.

• Posted

Hi, I also have bile in my stomach very often which resulted in gastritis and the pain is awful. I had my gallbladder taken out and that's when this started for me. I've done a lot of research for years and tried many medications and there's nothing that can control it. Prokinectics drugs help but as you said can't be taken for long due to side effects. There's sucralfate ( cytoprotective) to protect lining of stomach but it doesn't treat the cause. It's a life long disease chronic and just like you I'm afraid of the gastric cancer it can cause in long term. There's a surgery called duodenal switch ( Deemester) that diverts bile from the stomach without causing too much malabsorption. So if you can't control it like me have a look at that option. This is a really painful condition. God help us

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.