Bile salts diarrhoea

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have Crohn's and had a small bowel resection just over 3 years ago. Since then my Crohn's has been in remission and life should have been better except I have been left with bile salts diarrhoea. I have just re-tried Questran Lite but I just don't get on with it. I am at my wits end and going away for Xmas and don't want it to spoil things. I don't eat if I have to go out, don't enjoy meals out, had a near miss on public transport and I buy Imodium in bulk from the USA and take a minimum of 4 daily, more if I need to. Any suggestions or advice, medicines or dietary, I have had so many near misses I feel it's a matter of time before the unthinkable happens 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I take citrucel twice or three times a day. I don't need immodium anymore. Went on a week long business trip and had no issues. It's worth a try. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.