bileduct

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had my gallbladder out last july,but was still getting pain.an mri scan showed stones in the bileduct.i went in on the 10th jan for a ERCP and they removed 2 stones.Having that done was worse than the op!If your still in pain after your op,go back to the docs and push for a scan.Im glad i did.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i am sorry you had to have ERCP.. it is a barbaric proceedure ( the words of a surgical nurse friend of the family) i have had this proceedure done 3 times and have had different sedation for each time. the first sedation did not work!! 6 members of staff had to hold me down!! each time it got better but still far too aware for my liking!! hope your experience was better thsn mine.
  • Posted

seriously! oh my god, i had this done last summer and remember nothing, i remember moaning like hell because i was flat on my stomach (which they had bloated with gas) but other than that its like a strange and distant dream,#
  • Posted

Well guys, i have gallstones, and have been in hospital for a week now, they let me out for two days, and i have to go back to have the ercp done, i have 4 stones in my bile duct, they gonna remove them, but not the gallbladder which is still full of stones!!!!!!!! i said why not take it out too, surgeon said he may put me on the list to have it out as well this year. My thinking is like, well ok your taking out the ones in the bile duct, means there will be more room for the others that are still in the gallbladder to filter into the bile duct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid surgeon.......p.s nervous bout ercp this friday morning, and p.p.s i sympathise with anyone who has this pain is terrifying........

p.p.ps sorry for the other posts new to this site, i think i had someones elses message in there before deleting it oops!

• Posted

Hi

I have gallstones and gallstones in my bile ducts. I am having an op on the 3rd April, they are going to take out my gallbladder & at the same time cut open my bile ducts and remove any stones. Apparantly, to have the camera and go up can cause problems in the future if you are young (I'm 27). I would ask about having it done at the same time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.