Biliary Colic - Can this cause Pancreatitis or SOD?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had numerous, painful, biliary colic attacks over the past two years and been diagnosed with a solitary 2cm gallstone. My pain always starts either centralised LUQ or central, just under breastbone. My pain eventually goes round my back and then causes my right side to hurt. My left side is always painful and tender to touch and heavily bloated. My question is, could my problem be caused by SOD where my bile duct is getting blocked, drowning  my pancreas in its own enzyms and then effecting my gallbladder. Or is this typical symptoms of biliary colic

Also, another question I would like to ask, can you suffer with pancreatitis whilst having biliary colic?

I have  over the past two years deferred three operations as I really need to be sure that its my gallstone that is causing my pain and nothing else.

Please, if there is anyone that may be able to help me, then I would be most grateful

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First, if you have gallstones, sounds like you need to get those out. Has your pancreas been checked? 
    • Posted

No, have always complained about pain starting left side, but no check of pancreas. What would this involve and should I get it checked out. Thanks for your reply.
    • Posted

I understand they do test from your blood and can take some fluid from your pancreas to check for infection. Ask your doctor for his/her poa (plan of action) and go from there.
  • Posted

I would advise you to have your gallbladder out, The gallstone needs to be got rid of.

Take care

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.