Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

Is a bilirubin result of 73 high and if so how high, a little, moderate or high

Also an alt of 56+

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Bilirubin level should be at about 17...

Mine hovers NOW about 27, but has been over 100.

But then you could see some yellow in the eyes, like jaundice.

The GOOD news is that having a high bilirubin does protect the heart.

But some of us have stomach or digestive issues...

To lower my bilirubin I removed ALL spices and herbs from my diet and at 27 the level is not a problem.

Remember spices and herbs are processed by the liver and if the liver is already stressed producing the high bilirubin then reducing stress on the liver by cutting out spices, herbs and alcohol can only be good.

• Posted

Thanks for replying Kwenda lifelong tea total so no problem there, I have stomache...or something issues as in I get a bad cramping as if something has moved up and cramped under rib but on the left side maybe a different problem! Was also told there is a rapid cell turnover in haemoglobin? My eyes look bloodshot and slightly yellow as foes around my eyes but maybe im looking to hard lol Cholesterol high if fact only a couple of things normal 🙁 Been on a salad type diet the past week and getting referred but if I can do my bit now I will. Hope you are well now was it a long road to lowering your bilirubin?

• Posted

Oh yes and fatty liver
    • Posted

I was tested after three months and the Bilirubin had come down from over 100 to 44. Then after another 3 months down to 32.

The liver is the one organ of the body that is self healing unlike kidneys, heart etc.. So any damages can be repaired and then as long as you watch your diet and take regular exercise there is hope for the future.

It is a pity that researchers do not investigate Gibson's Disease, but it is often mistakenly called benign and the drug companies do not see any big profit in researching for a curative pill.

• Posted

Never heard of gibsons disease but I agree it's about money and I can't see things improving anytime soon. Really pleased to here it didn't take you too long to improve your readings were you diagnosed with any specific problem.

• Posted

Gibson's Disease is what it is called when you have a high bilirubin level.

Then called jaundice if the bilirubin level gets so high that the skin and eyes turn yellow.

Gibsons Disease is without yellow skin and eyes and is called benign or a chronic non life threatening disease.

I was diagnosed with a blood test when I attended hospital for a hernia operation.

One of the other reasons that the drug companies have not researched for a cure pill is that having a high bilirubin level appears to affect people very differently. People complain of digestion problems and blame the high bilirubin level, when it COULD be something else not yet diagnosed.

• Posted

You have told me something I didn't know about ie Gibsons Disease, my Doctor says at my levels I should be yellow ?? Trying my hardest to prove her wrong 😆 .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.