Bilirubin and pancreas problems.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been having vague problems for a while.  

Started in Jan /Feb this yr with upper left back pain.  Then about 5/6 wks ago I developed a change in stools. Softer than normal, bit lighter in colour not really offensive smelling  two bouts of diarrhoea.  Colour fluctuates between normal brown and tan.  ( not white or clay colour).  But my added concern is my bilirubin level.  It was 5umol in Feb , then another test this week it was 8umol.  ALL other values were fine.  ALP and ALT  etc. And glucose and FBC completely normal.   I’m so worried it may be cancer of the pancreas 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Biliribin can be elevated slightly in people with gilbert's syndrome. Request your doctor to rule out whether it really is excess bilirubin or harmless (in most cases) gilbert's syndrome.

• Posted

Hi Fiona, im a 52 year old male same issues except thos is going on since 2014, i have all normal tests, EUS, CT scan, stool elastase, MRCP yet i have mild fat in my stool , my direct bilirubin is elevated sometimes to 0.5 normal is 0.3 my AST , ALT, ALP , GGT all normal. I am now trying CREON this is day three, so far no change, is it your direct bilirubin thats elevated? I also have pain under right rib that goes through to my back..
  • Posted

Also do you drink alcohol, ? This disease can be so hard to diagnose.

Best to you, i hope its not, and its someting mild.

• Posted

I’m not trying to be harsh but why would you think PC ?????   More then likely your search the internet.  Go to a good Pancreatic Dr and get off line.  The chances are VERY slim you have PC but instead of asking us get to a Dr. 

Wishing you luck.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.