Bilirubin lev

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good evening .

My mum passed away early March and I stopped looking aftermyself and tried to help everyone else.

Had blood test done just to check my health it can back with a bilirubinlevels of 48 reapeated test 11 weeks later and it dropped to 36 .

If been told I might have gilbert syndrome.

I'm 38 can this be right or have I got liver disease I'm awaiting liver scan.

My only symptoms I gave is feel very run down and tired .

Louise

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The figures you quoted do represent Gilbert’s disease since the ‘normal’ is 17.

However we are all different and many people would be quite happy to see a figure of 36, which is low for many of us.  I have been over 100, complete with yellow eyes like jaundice.!!

Tiredness is known for people with Gilberts, but would be surprising with a figure of 36.

More common are digestive issues with things such as IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Some people, like myself, can control their bilirubin level with a change of diet and I found that eliminating spices and herbs from my diet massively reduced the bilirubin level. Don’t forget that the liver has to process and eliminate spices, which makes the liver work harder, and perhaps this is not a good thing..

I would try some diet changes, and lifestyle also, to include regular exercise, which has numerous benefits.  Exercise in ‘The Green’ and fresh air has great medical benefits and costs nothing.

• Posted

HI Louise,

Sorry to hear about your grief. Losing someone can trigger all sort of things in ur body. Liver is our filter and when u r grieving it has to work double hard. I have gone through it and the only thing I can recommend is to start taking care of yourself. Grief is like a roller coaster it hits u again right when u think u r getting better. Meditate if u can - YouTube has plenty free stuff to listen to. Eat well if u can. From my experience I couldn't't exercise. It made me extremely tired. Just do what u can and the most important thing, DON'T BE HARD ON YOURSELF!!! Find time to spoil yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.