Bilirubin levels up after Lipitor ??? Help

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ok not sure if this is Gilbert's but hope someone can offer advise,, took Simvistatin for years to lower LDL,, I always fasted for 12 or more hours before blood tests.

My bilirubin has always been around 1.5 but never any issues..

Now Dr wanted me changed to Lipitor 40 mg...

And test blood in 4 weeks.. the night before the test I did drink 3 small glasses of red wine. Ran 6 miles that morning and had the blood draw 2 hrs later after 16 hr fast...

I have always exercised a few hrs before the blood draw..now the results come back biliruben total is 2.2.  Alt and Ast are normal ... Ldl Is 63 and HDL is 102

Dr says maybe a gallbladder issue ??? Really ???

So the only thing that changed is going on Lipitor and the wine the night before and I may have fasted a little longer,,,

I've read Lipitor, exercise and fasting and wine all raise biliruben,,,

I feel great, in male 59 yrs old and exercise everyday,,,

He said stay on the Lipitor and retest in a month, if levels are still up we will stop meds for 1 weeks and retest,,

I'm tempted to ask him for a non fasting biliruben test,,,again I feel fine no issues at all

Pls let me know your thoughts 

Thank you 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.