binge drinker update

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi first ov all i just want to say a big thank you to everone on this site you are all so helpfull and kind i have not had a drink now for just over a week its not long but im proud of myself and think the people on this site have helped so much i now have an appointment with inspire on monday so im hoping to get the help i need from them to make my family proud of me and a big thank you again to everyone on this site for your help

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Steven, you should be very, very. Very xx proud of yourself..well done... I am sure that you feel healthier and happier than you have for a long TIME.... keep up the good work, but please, please remember if you have any slips it IS NOT the end of the world.... just pick yourself up and START AGAIN... you CAN DO THIS I wish you so much health and happiness, many on here, in fact ALL are behind you every single step of the way........

Take very good care of yourself, sincere regards to you ..Deirdre xx

• Posted

Hello Stephen...my friend....

You know we are all pulling for you. Everyone of us has expressed our Graditude and Encouragement as you find UR way to Sobriety.

Don't let the craving and triggers get in the way. There are many medications to help with the cravings, to help give you the edge to not obsess. Check online or with UR doc for meds available in UR area. Many meds used today are used off label as Bafolen . Many people have been helped with this drug as well as others. Ask UR doc specifically and bring in literature if he will not give u a RX ask for a referal doc who specializes in addiction. I see UR headed for inspire good to know

I know you are going to do it as your here and realize that you are stronger now than ever!

Change of daily life routines,  patterns, behavior modification is a good start. Go to support meetings.... Be active and take what u need and leave the rest.

My heart goes out to you and many of my friends and family members that have been thru the pain of addiction.  I cannot stress how much it helps for you to find sobriety 

to not wake with hangovers, sick or confused is no longer in UR future any more.

Keep up the good work. We are all here for you anytime!

HOPE4CURE

• Posted

thank you so much i find the people on this site are so helpfull i appreciate it so much
  • Posted

Hi, just wanted to say well done Stephen a week is good every day counts.

You are doing so well. There are also some really good books out there that

can help one in particular has fifty tips on how to stay strong I would

name it but I don't think it's allowed but it's reall useful.

keep strong we know you will succeed Ann 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.