binge eating instead of killing my self!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

so im overwieght and allways have been but im trying too loose wieght but i cant stop my self from binge eating i hate my self why o why do i do i wannt to loose a stone in month im determind to do it then i keep binge eating im scared im too fat to do anything i hate my self i rather slit my wrists then get even fatter !!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello, You have underlying issues that need to be dealt with as to why you binge eat. Emotionally you are trying to cope and your way is to binge eat. You would be best to see a dietician at your GP and ask for Counselling. Exercise is good too and some GP's can refer you to the gym. They can access your physical health before putting you on a regime. Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hi you binge eat because you are trying to starve yourself to lose weight.   The more you starve yourself the more you will binge eat which will get you nowhere and might even put more weight on.   Your body is craving calories which is the way our bodies react.  You have to learn to work with your body instead of fighting it.

You have to stop your body craving calories by going on a sensible eating plan ie cutting back on the junk food and substituting healthy food instead.   Trying to lose 1 stone in a month is totally unrealistic no wonder you can't do it.   Aim for 2/3 pounds a week and this should work.  A stone is totally unrealistic.

I am concerned you are getting yourself into a vicious cycle of starving then binge eating.   You are giving yourself an eating disorder and do you really want that?  

Go online and work out a healthy eating plan for yourself and start that instead.    

I don't expect for a moment you will understand or follow my advice coz your mindset is totally different and people obsessed with losing weight just force ahead instead of thinking.  I hope you do listen though.  x 

• Posted

You're eating is tied up with your emotional issues, you need help to find how to separate the two, some people tend to binge eat late at night when they can't sleep or when they are fretting, like Hypercat said, if you want to lose weight its time ti be realistic about it, a stone in a month the way you are feeling? I don't think thats fair on yourself, why nottalk with the gp and see about getting in contact with a dietician? And also setting up a new sleep regime where you stop eating if you can before half 8 in the evening, exercise some and then let your body rest for sleep, also when you feel like snacking replace sweets for fruit or take a sip of water, try to amend your tie with food, but more importantly you need to find out why you are so unhappy, book an appointment with gp, start there, first foot forward and all that, write down the ideas posted here, including Elizabeths, which was great as well as Hypercats and discuss with your gp, good luck, Nick.
    • Posted

Im with dietation still waitinf for gym referal been 3 months now allso i have bulima nervosa and personatly diorder bi polor and genralised anxty i was dignosed with mrsa 16 and worry bout that i have ibs and pcos witch uoset me too i eat at nyt starve meslf thru the day and binge
    • Posted

Im sorry to hear that, cyber hugs, you know that the metabolic rate of the body slows down during the night don't you? So things don't really burn up as easily as when we move around during the day, book appointment with gp to see, are you under mental health care team? Maybe they can help you in regards to gym referal, plus do you have a counsellor? Or just ask your dr where you are on waiting list? Nick.
    • Posted

Im on gym referal and on waiting list for gym referal a ment see a ot but not seen her in while and still waiting be seen my pshcirtrust and it been ages at end of my life line i think i hate being fat a try eat healthy but i binge at nyt
    • Posted

That's a very good way to get an ulcer missunderstood too.  I had a work colleague once who did exactly that.  She couldn't lose weight as her body thought she was starving so lowered her metablism as a result.  She ended up with stomach pains and was diagnosed with an ulcer.  

Remember the maxim - dogs eat once a day,  cats twice,  and people 3 times.  The way to lose weight is to have 3 healthy meals a day - breakfast,  lunch and dinner.   That will keep your metablism higher and ensure you do lose weight.    x

• Posted

hi, you sound like your in the position i was in last yr, id starve myself for days and cos i couldnt lose weight id drink myself stupid, this alone caused other issues i had to get worse. I joined slimmingworld because i knew i had to eat to lose, within 6 months id dropped 3 dress sizes, and maintained that right up until xmas, being happier in myself had an effect on the other areas in my life. iv struggled since xmas but i know what works for me and am determinded to get back on track x
  • Posted

i punish my self insted of killing meself by eating loads and loads of food thn i feel so bad im sick 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.