Bio Identical Hormone Cream

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi girls

Last night I took my first rub of bio identical homone cream and within half hour I felt really sick. Anyone else trying this?  Will the nausea just be an initial reaction and settle?

Thanks 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes this happened too me, i reduced the amount I dabbed on just by tiny amount then increased it back up. I noticed that sometimes i felt sick sometimes i was fine but i think this is due to your own balance of hormones at time of application (your own estrogen or progesterone but be slightly higher that day) i' ve been using it for nearly a year and don't suffer any problems, it took about 4 months too work but it has improved a lot of my peri symptoms

Keep going but remember to take your days break from it and stop if you are still getting periods

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply. I've not used it this morning so I'll try again tonight but just a tiny amount.

I'm 56 & no periods for 4 years do you think I'd get the bleeding? Also the info mentioned it will improve fertility!! Surely not at my stage??

• Posted

Its just your body getting used to having hormones again all be it natural plant based ones. Its very unlikely this will cause you to have any kind of show as you have gone without a period for a few years and i would say its 99% positive iy won't make you fertile again

• Posted

I started bios and still get my period. The doc never said anything about taking a break. Can you explain why and how to break?
    • Posted

Every bio is different follow what your doctor advises to use effectively
  • Posted

Absolutely guaranteed you will NOT be fertile again. That ship has sailed!! Replacing your hormones might make you feel like you are a little more fertile, but that requires viable eggs (which you don't have).

• Posted

Thanks Gail good to know. 

I'm hoping from what I've read, that the bio's will help with flushes, mood swings, dryness and weight gain too!  Too optimistic?

• Posted

Well, I guess that depends on your expectations. HRT has been shown to reduce or get rid of hot flashes. But some woman complain about weight gain on estrogen. Vagina like dryness can be corrected with estrogen. And yes, some women do say that their mood swings improve.

However, sometimes women feel better, but sometimes, women can have side effects & not like the treatment.

It's certainly not a bad idea to give it a go, as every women will have her own experience.

Good luck

• Posted

you are 4 years post mnopause and still fetting mood swings and flushes? i hoped they would settle once the periods go away for a year or two/

• Posted

Hi. Is the cream you are using prescribed from your doctor or have you bought it yourself from an online site? 
    • Posted

Hi, I bought it from an online site following a forum chat on here.

I too had thought that flushes etc would be improved by now but reading others experiences it is not unusual to suffer for a number of years!  

• Posted

HI girls, I'm afraid Im not having a great experience.  The initial nausea reduced after a couple of days although still there in the background.  Then came headache which is just constant in the background again. Today I am fatigued and all this from such a small dose.  I reduced the amount I used to a tiny dot.

Sometimes I feel that there is nothing that my body can tolerate.  I think I'm going to give up for now and just go through things cold turkey like our Mum's had to do in the "old days"!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.