bio identical hormones

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am intersted in the above which as only just come to light with me, going through very tough meno. not geting anywhere as my GP's dont seem to be giving me proper results and good info.  if i go for a blood test all they say is your showing a bit below the level ? of what i ask, then its put you on HRT etc, but its a minefield and reading a book re bio identicals this makaes so much sense to have them more tailor made to each unique person -  any advice what i can do as ive had almost a year of anxiety, depression, fatigue , aching all over, dry hair skin, mood swings and sparse monthly periods, any info i wld be SO grateful of.  many thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debi,

I've been on bio identical hrt since June. I was having a dreadful time before with sudden onset of menopause. I'm 57 and I feel it came quite late but fierce. Anyway I feel almost back to how I was before. I have my life back. So good luck if you're starting out with them x

• Posted

"sudden onset of menopause" Did you have a hysterectomy ? How do u get bio identical hormones how much does it cost? I sick of all the acne-aches and pains EVERYWHERE and emotional melt downs and all the other 101 symptoms because I have some symptoms they forgot to add to the list :-) 

• Posted

No didn't have a hysterectomy, but over a month started having bad anxiety etc all the awful symptoms, maybe it was coming on for a long time and I was not recognising it or ignoring it. Then it just tipped me over the edge

• Posted

Oh I see Deborah for sure menopause has a way of doing that!
  • Posted

Hi Debs, I'm sorry your having a bad time, I have been there now I'm almost back to myself....accasionally around period time have the odd symptom here and there but I know how you feel, all I can say put through you will get through it...with time it gets better, you don't even know when it start to subside you just think I don't get that no more, hang on in there 

hugs xxxx

• Posted

Are you on bio hrt? I'm afraid to take any medications because my body doesnt agree with a lot of them. I'm doing it natural but some days its really rough. I haven't had my period since july 31. And was wondering if when i get really bad symptoms is it around when my period is supposed to show up?

• Posted

Hello Debi,

Bio idents are made by compounding pharmacies, you have hormone tests which show all your levels. Not all ladies need the same levels thats why compounding a tailor made pill makes sense. In the olden days chemists were just that they didnt have over the counter made up drugs by big drug labs. In my case my dhea level was very low, now most drs dont test dhea levels, but i went to a thyroid clinic who used different testing, i had to pay for this extra testing. Also drs dont usually do a full thyroid panel they just test TSH which has a very broad normal range. So if my dhea is low it means the other hormones are not being produced because dhea is the mother hormone, its made by the adrenal gland. All these glands have to work in sync to keep the body working at optimal levels. There are chemicals in bio idents no one can create a treatment without certain fillers, but the ingrediants are proven to work well in 90% of women, along with diet and lifestyle changes. My new dr is in a Menopause clinic here in Queensland Aust, i will keep you posted on my experience. Im just hoping that this is my problem and i can get back to the place in life that i enjoyed, not this awful mess im in now! Please look into bio idents it may be just what you need, it may be expensive but you are worth every penny, good health is priceless. Blessings to everyone going through this journey💐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.