bio-oil

Posted , 6 users are following.

has anyone out there used the bio-oil by rubbing it into the lashes twice a day if so can you let me know if it is working for you as it works for me regards

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Peeky - so I was diagnosed with blepharitis a few weeks after cataract surgery was performed. I'd never had such a thing so was totally distressed about it. I tried the ointments and other oils the doc recommended but nothing worked. So I did like I typically always do and searched for "home remedies".  I came across a solution of water, baking soda, and tea tree oil (1.2 cup water, 2 tsp baking soda, 2 drops of tea tree oil).  Pour it in a small jar, shake it well every time you use it. It took about a month for me to see the results - and even though I still rub it on nightly, I can tell you I no longer have the gunky blepharitis!  It truly was driving me nuts, especially because during the day while at meetings or out somewhere, I'd have to blot my eyes with a tissue - which, of course, meant forget about using any eye makeup.  I can now wear eye makeup again and not have to worry about it.  Give it a try and let me know how well it worked for you.

• Posted

Do u rub it on your eyelid and eyelashes and leave it there or rinse off?  Can you leave it there, how long do you leave it on ? Thanks.
    • Posted

I rub it on the eyelashes and leave it to dry naturally.  I typically do this at night before going to bed. Initially, I also did it in the mornings, but usually would rinse my eyes and lashes with warm water first to get all the gunky blepharitis off, then I would rub on the solution and also leave it to dry. 
  • Posted

I haven't tried it but I will after the three months of wet ones.  The wet ones worked in the beginning but don't work as well anymore. What kind/brand of bio oil do you use ? So you just rub it on your eyelid and eyelashes?  What are your symptoms ? We have itchy eyelashes goop in our eyes and eyelashes falling out. Thx.

• Posted

My symptoms were itchy eyes and also eyelashes falling out. I no longer have these symptoms. I use "Now Tea Tree Oil", 100% pure tea tree oil, and buy it through Amazon.  Now, for the eyelashes:  since I have to use Lumigan eye drops on one of my eyes to keep eye pressure low (glaucoma), my ophthalmologist told me to take a small eye makeup brush, place a drop of Lumigan on it for each eye and brush it on the eyelids immediately next to the lashes. I've been doing this now since April and can happily tell you that I definitely see progress with my eyelashes getting fuller.

• Posted

Hi Peeky

After trying all sorts of remedies - from the official to the non-official, I tried Bio-Oil and haven't looked back since.  All I do is to put a very small amount on a finger and gently rub on to my eyelashes (both top and bottom) when I first wake up and just before I go to sleep.  I then use a cheap, supermarket brand eye drops for dry eyes and that's my treatment.

I have been doing this for nearly a year now and don't find that I need to do anything else.

Give it a go and see if it works for you.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Chloeparrot,

I was recently diagnosed with blepharitis and nothing has helped. Are you still using bio oil ants does it still help? Is there anything else you may have found which works well?

Thanks.

• Posted

Please can you let me know if you did other things as well, e.g. washing your eyes/heating your eyelids/anything else?

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.