BioHRT

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone outhere had good results with HRT ?  Does it take the symptoms away?   I’m desperate!  I want to feel myself again. 😢

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What are your symptoms??

Did you get blood work to check your levels?

How old are you?

I’m considering hrt too.

• Posted

Had blood work done and was told I’m postmenopausal. I am experiencing lots of sadness.   Doctor told me the bioHRT would help with the symptoms, but it could take weeks to months. I’m on medication, clonazepam right now as I could not handle the sadness. I’m 54
  • Posted

Hi Gina ...I’m struggling too with perimenopause all sorts of weird emotions and scarey thoughts feels like my body has been taken over . It’s just not me !!!! My mum passed away 4years ago from Breast cancer and now my mums sister has cancer but hers was caused by HRT so I’m not allowed to go on it , but can’t go on feeling this mad .... just be careful with HRT ...take care 💕

• Posted

If there is no medical reason why you shouldn't take HRT (like a history of breast cancer) and you do not smoke and are not overweight then why not try it? I myself only use local oestrogen cream which has done wonders for my vaginal and urinary health, but it have friends who use patches and they say they now feel like themselves again and HRT saved their marriages. If I had more symptoms other than vaginal atrophy and UTIs I would try the patches too.

• Posted

Hi gina,

I am one that can say Bio Identical Hormones helped me right away and continues to. I have been on them for two years now. I was 4 months into no periods and noticed many things I didn't like happening with my body inside and out. There is plenty of reading available out there and videos on bio identicals. Once you start reading you will understand more and be more confident on what BHRT can do for you. Much more than just making you feel better through this menopausal time. Estriol especially is a very beneficial and can protect us against some bad things happening when our estrogens plummet. My symptoms subsided very quickly. I have been on compounded transdermal creams consisting of Estrodial, Estriol, and Testosterone and OTC progesterone cream. Haven't had any problems and plan to be on them for the rest of my life for the health benefits. Good Luck!

• Posted

I started using biHRT one month ago and I am still having depression. Did you have any depression?  Did it help with that?
  • Posted

I almost got on anti depressants before starting my hormone treatment. I decided to not go that route and tough it out until I got on bio's. I"m glad I did. I feel very good now. I have to say I am with a very good holistic doctor who takes the time to do the right lab work and discuss results and treatment plan with me completely. Are you on any supplements to compliment your hormone treatment? Some of the first things I started taking was Stinging Nettles, Alpha Lipoic Acid, DIM (estrogen metabalizer ) I really think its not just BHRT but a combination of many things that work together. Of course good diet along with excercise, especially with depression, get out, stay busy. I take many more supplements ( 18 daily ) plus collagen. A good doctor checking labs can direct you to some beneficial supplements to compliment your hormone replacement. I'm 57, been in menopause over two years and just told my doctor " I feel great". No more thinking I need anti depressants, no thinning hair, skin and nails, no atrophy or dryness. No gloom and doom. Like I said, supplements play an important role and most GP's don't ever go there. 

• Posted

Hi Suki girl, These are my supplements

Vitamin C

Vitamin D

Vitamin E 

Vitamin B2

Vitamin B LIquid

CoQ10

Alpha Lipoic Acid

DIM

Stinging Nettles

Iodine Drops

Selinium

Ginseng

Magnesium

Probiotic

Nrf2 Accelerator

Collagen 

Turmeric

Multi Vitamin

Cranberry

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Estrodial, Estriol, Testosterone Compounded Creams ( vaginal )

Progesterone Cream

• Posted

I am familiar with most of those, and take most of those! But what are the stinging nettles for?
    • Posted

Hi Suki girl

Stinging nettles is used for a lot of things. Skin, bone and urinary health. Anti-inflammatory qualities. Anti oxidant. Stimulates hair growth. Prostate health. Some people use nettle for cooking. Nettle creams for healing properties. List goes on. I was put on nettle early on with my hormone treatment to stimulate hair growth. 

• Posted

Thanks for that, I didn't know that one. Glad to see I'm not the only one spending a fortune on loads of suppliments!

• Posted

Hi Gina, i'v been on BHRT for 9 months due to very severe mood problems. My physical symptoms weren't too bad but I had severe depression, nervous anxiety, anger and extreme obsessive negative thoughts. Its taken a while by get my levels right but I'm finally getting back to my old self. I do still have a few off days but mostly I'm good and coping with life again.

• Posted

Good to hear that BHRT works. I’m hoping and praying it works for me. I have only been using it for 4 weeks. Guess I just have to be patient.   My depression and anxiety were bad so I had to ask my doctor for meds. I’m taking clonazepam, but want to stop taking it as soon as the HRT starts to work. 
    • Posted

It was a slow process for me. My doctor uses my symptoms plus blood work and I have my BHRT as a troche made by a compound pharmacist. Its been adjusted 3 times so far and i'v seen a slow improvement each time but now I'm finally getting back to my normal self so just be patient.

Even though its been slow its absolutely saved me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.