Bioidentical Hormones Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a Full Hysterectomy at the age of (32) I'm 37 now and STILL having issues. Ever since the hysterectomy my health issues have been bad. This isn't living! High anxiety, skin inflammation, Hot flashes, depression, sadness, headaches, insomnia, hair loss, weight loss, gut issues, angry, frustration, etc. I started with hormones from the Dr. Those didn't work for me. Then I went to a cream, I was ok for awhile. Now I'm using a Bioidentical Hormones. I have had a saliva test and blood work done. My levels are low in everything. However, when I use my cream the next day is bad. High anxiety, heart racing, etc. Even at a small does. I'm on 80/20 Biest Progesterone & Estrol, Estradiol. This is one cream. 1). Should there cream be put together? 2). Do I really need Progesterone without uterus? I REALLY need HELP!

Thank you for reading this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry you are having issues.  And I certainly wish that doctors would be more honest about the problems that hysterectomy can create.  

Obviously, the HRT you are using is not working for you!  You are still young, and probably need a hgher hormone base.  But I also understand that when you use  the cream it's causing problems.  

What I can tell you, is that all the experts suggest getting the estradiol right first, and then adding in additional hormones.  1) Having all threee hormones together is not  the best option.  2) Most physicians tell you that without a uterus, progesterone is not necessary. (Well documented that it's use it to protect the uterus and prevent the uterine lining from building up.)   There are many women who have had hysterectomies who do estrogen only.  However, many women find that the addition of progesterone helps them feel more normal.  

I had once seen a very expensive endrocrinologist for natural menopause.  She was VERY convinced that it is best to use the patch, start low and go slow.  And with or without a uterus, add in the progesterone for 14 days per month vaginally (again start low and go slow)  While my labs looked pretty good, and I looked better, I still felt fluctuations and felt that something was off.  

I get the needing help, and you are too young to be going through this.  I'm sorry!  You need to try some other delivery routes, work on the estrogen first, and then add in the progesterone.  

Hope this helps.  

• Posted

Thank you for contacting me back. I'm hoping to talk to my hormones lady tomorrow. I'll talk to her about the Estregon first. 🙏

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I had a hysterectomy at age 48 and I'm now 69. I started with Estradiol 2 mg and continued using it all these years, until a OBGYN said I needed to cut down to .05 - that's when my problems started (same issues you had - I found out I needed a higher dose of Estradiol, which I'm now on and life is good again). I never used a Progesterone in addition to the Estradiol. My understanding is once you've had your uterus removed there is no need for Progesterone; at least that's what I've been told.

• Posted

I had a hysterectomy specifically so that I could use estrogen without having to have progesterone. Without progesterone, my fluctuating health has definitely settled down, though I still don't have as much energy as I used to.

I've found using testosterone has massively helped, I no longer get depressed or have migraines. However, if I miss more than a couple of testo doses, both headaches and depression start re-appearing.

I also seem to have a high requirement for both estrogen and testosterone - I have an estro implant (should last 6 months) that I have to start supplementing with topical estrogel after about 2 months. I use Tostran testo, 1 pump, daily.

Not sure whether this really answers your question, but, essentially, it takes a lot of tweaking to get types of HRT, and then the doseages, right for an individual.

Good luck! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.