Bioidentical HRT

Posted , 5 users are following.

i started Bioidentical HTR 3 weeks ago. I had pellets injected in my right upper leg(cheek). I had a little cramping for a few days but beside that I am feeling great. All hot flashes have stopped and I am sleeping normally again. My memory is better and so is my libido.  Most importantly I suffer from depression and menopause was making it worse. I have seen a steady increase in mood elevation as well.  So far, so good!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shelly, are you in the UK? and if so, how did you persuade your GP to prescribe bio-Identical HRT? I have been on HRT since I was 52,  on Premique low dose for the past 5 years (I am now 63) prior to that I had 2 years off HRT but hated how I was feeling and asked to go back on but I just feel that I need something more suited to my needs rather than a 'catch all' which we are usually prescribed.
    • Posted

Hi Sandra. New to this site but have just got my prescription for evoral patches today. They are bio identical hrt and available on NHS. My GP wasn't aware but she looked it up for me after I gave her some info I printed out from article in Daily Mail a couple of months ago. So have put my first patch on today and hope that it helps with the hit flushes. I'm 44 and after many years of various immune system chronic illnesses couldn't face having to deal with worst effects of menopause as well.

Just ask your GP for bio identical hrt and as it is available on NHS they should have no issue prescribing it. Main problem is majority of GPS don't know they are available on NHS.

• Posted

Hello,

I'm so glad to have found this post.  I went and asked for bio identical hrt at the doctor's last week and was told it isn't available on the NHS.  I now know what to ask for, thank you :-)

• Posted

Glad it was of use. I think I read somewhere that 99.9% of GPS don't know they can prescribe bio identical HRT on NHS. Some may say no as it may cost the surgery more but stick to your guns, you are allowed to request it. Good luck.
    • Posted

It's the National Health Service - people who work pay through their taxes for our health service which is then free to people who don't work.
  • Posted

Hi Stickinsect, smile

Thanks for the info, I live in spain for a lot of the time and they are more open to hormone issues but I haven't used their system as I am still a UK health resident and tax payer however, I am due to have a well woman check in spain as we have taken a private health insurance so will ask them about Evoral then. Hope it helps you overcome the previous issues and thanks again! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.