Bioposy & PSA

Posted , 3 users are following.

got my biopsy today. not as bad as i thought. the worst part was the lower rectum, that would not get numb at all. doc said some men are very sensitive there. now i wait for the results. PSA 10 days ago 6.9 PSA 2 days ago 3.7? confusing? why the drop, im happy for that, but interesting the drop. last year PSA 5.3? thanks thnajks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am 2 weeks out from biopsy however I opted to be knocked out for the procedure. My size is 80 which I know if very large. My PSA was 6.8 in December and retested in January at 6.9. I did all the right things before the test. Last year it was 3.8. So of course doc wanted to do a biopsy to see if it might be cancer. Thank the Lord is was not and all was benign.

I have had to double up on Tamsulosin this past week after getting a bladder infection. Finishing up the antibiotic now and I hope things will start to get back to normal after this weekend. And maybe I can go back to one Tamsulosin a day since that was working so well before. The double dose and probably a combination with the antibiotic makes me feel yuk during the day.

Just was curious how long your full recovery was from the procedure. And also hope it all turned out good for you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.