Biopsies

Posted , 2 users are following.

How long does it take to get results back I had biopsies on my colon and stomach she said there wasn't cancer and then left.No word jet

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi ...i don't know if your in the UK or not?...but whenever I have had polyps removed, during a colonoscopy , my hospital's results policy is as follows..." we will only contact you if the results are a concern and cancerous...if you don't here from us within 2 weeks your biopsies are clear". Lucliky I never hear anything so I was all clear but you could always phone the hospital clinic or your family doctor who should have been sent a copy of the biopsy results...to put your mind at rest.

• Posted

hi I'm in the us my doctor told me when I was in recovery it wasn't cancer and she would call me with the results. Its taking a long time and I'm worried it's been three days. I keep checking and keeps saying reports not available thanks Sherri

• Posted

As for the UK 3 days is too short a time to expect results already. When I had my polyps removed from my bowel the Doctor said he was not concerned because the polyps were a healthy colour and not very big. Also they were not present inmy bowel 2 years earlier when I had my previous colonoscopy ( polyp takes quite a few years to potentially turn malignant). My guess is that your Doctor didn't see any actual tumours when your examination was performed. Also because probably your polyps were a healthy colour / size etc. like mine were there was no cause for concern. Your biopsies were done as a matter of procedure. My guess is that you'll be ok ..try to give it until 7 days then phone again for results..best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.