biopsies results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sorry its taken awhile to get back on here.  Been quite busy editing my neices wedding photos. 

My biopsies were consistant with LS.  They didnt not show dysplasia or anything else.  So Im relieved about that.  Had some problems with the biopsies getting irritated and ulcerated but they seem to be on the track of healing now. 

Had an apt with my GP as well.  She ordered ANA testing and a couple other that Im not sure of, they took three viles of blood. Waiting for results on that.  She want to refer me to a Rheumatologist  once the test results come back.  She didnt want to diagnose me with CREST but feels I have enough going on to persue it a little further.  

Hope things are going well for the rest of you.

Shari

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sha, glad to hear the biopsies are healing well. So many of us worry about how that will go. And no bad cells is always good news. Waiting for results is the pits.

I was bragging about 'remission' last week when I had a bit of emotional upset and bang the next day the old perineum had torn a bit again. I'm stepping up the treatment a bit it's already improving. In the old days I'd have gone ahead and had sex and then it would have been worse.

• Posted

I do hope I am on the right track now.  I haven't noticed too much change with the estrogen use yet. Some of the white skin is no longer white.

I dont dare have sex until these biopsies are 100% being ine was taken from the perineum. That one is almost healed though. My husband is pretty patient but likes to make jokes to make light of things. He quickly realized I was not in a joking frame of mind. I am feeling better now that the rawness is gone. I can actually sit and walk normally lol. I do hope I wont need another any time soon.

Im trying to stay positive, eat better and still working on my stress.

• Posted

Less white skin is always a good thing. Sounds a bit like recovering from an episiotomy.
    • Posted

Yes less white skin is good.  Ugh it took 8 weeks to heal after my first kid. Lol  let's hope im healed sooner for this.
  • Posted

yes ...good luck with the continued healing and further results xxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.