Biopsy 12 days ago found lichen sclerosis still painful urinating.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Diagnosed with lichen sclerosis 12 days ago. Dr did punch biopsy. Biopsy still hasn't healed and very painful urinating. Should I be concerned it is taking so long to heal.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I have been battling LS for nearly 20 years now.  I have had the biopsies too.  My LS is all over my entire body and that is how it got diagnosed.  The biopsy in the vaginal area was incomplete (20 plus years ago) but when it spread, a dermatologist did a biopsy underneath my breast and his findings were LS.  Since then I had another biopsy on my tummy.  Same thing.  I will tell you that I found the one in the Vag. area the hardest to heal.  That's because of the moisture in that area.  The other biopsies healed quickly.  I was told to bathe in Epspm salts (warm water, on the cool side) and when I did that it did heal faster.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks for the info. So sorry to hear you have it all over your body, Puts it all in perspective for me.  Dr told me to soak in epsom salt twice a day.  I have been doing that and just the last couple of days did it become painful urinating.  Since it is so moist  in the area, I imagine it will take a long time to heal.  Thanks for your response.
  • Posted

What a worry for you.  What does it look like, inflamed, pus?   Is there a walk in gum clinic anywhere near you?  Did you bath in sitz bath? I only hVe a shower.  I think the post is right it's moist down there I reckon only your armpit is as moist really.  I worry about same thing happening to me.

• Posted

I am doing epsom salt soaks.  This is all new to me but most likely trouble healing because of moistness. Part of the biopsy looks like its trying to form a scab and another part looks like a yellow scab,  all very soft.  I guess it has to heal in different degrees.  Moistness not helping.  I think I will wait and see.  thanks for your response.
    • Posted

Still inflamed but maybe a little better.  Filled a squirt bottle with saline and when I pee I squirt it on the inflamed area.  Sweet relief.  But I have to use the saline or I get the burn.  So the biopsy was 19 days earlier and started burning 4 days earlier. Not better not worse.  May call drs office just for reassurance but hate bugging them.
  • Posted

I have used Unjelly on the areas that are inflamed and burn when I pee. It really help with a protective barrier.
    • Posted

Thanks Tracey.  I bough AQuaphor to use as a protective barrier.  Didnt seem to have any additives that might worsen area. But who knows what helps and what hinders.  I held my breath, applied the ointment and expected a sting but none came so was relieved.  Still had the burn unless I used saline.  Such a depressing disorder.
    • Posted

It is a horrible disorder and unless you have it you can't understand how painful and life altering it can be. 😞

• Posted

So brave.  You need a pat on the back.  It's horrible having all this.

• Posted

So kind..  We R all brave because we have to beredface

• Posted

Yeah, hiding it all the while heh.rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.