biopsy

Posted , 7 users are following.

My new urogyn said she would do a biopsy if the burning is still going on in two weeks ??? Have anyone had one?

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Donna

I had vaginal burning too and my doctor put me on Premarin cream.  It's a estrogen cream and it took all burning away in about 6 weeks.  It is just inflammation in the vagina.  I don't know why they want to do a biopsy because of inflammation.

• Posted

I had no idea why. She said the inflammation did not look as bad as I'm describing except in one spot and if the spot was still there on follow up she would biopsy it

• Posted

My question is if she saw something why let me be in pain for two weeks?

Why not find out now? I'm hanging on to every post like yours that says the cream stop the burning in 6 weeks. Tonight is day 7 of the Estrace cream for me with no improvement

• Posted

Biospy of what?  Does she see a lesion or something? Can she do a swab for buring? 
    • Posted

NO one has done a swab , three different doctors and no swabs, no answers. I'm beginning to feel they think I'm crazy

• Posted

I demanded the gyne do a colposcopy on my vulva/labia. They don't like to but I said tough as I was paying for it. The results spoke for themselves, three biopsies and a LS diagnosis.

• Posted

Lichen sclerosis / sclerosus- there is a section on here dedicated to this ailment. Very informative. If you don't mind me asking what your symptoms are I might be able to direct you. For LS people either have lesions, white patches, burning or itching or pain plus some have shrinkage or fusing of the labia which is also seen in vaginal atrophy.

• Posted

For me it was the batholin cyst I kept complaining about that I go the gyne to colposcopy my vulva for. This is when he found the LS in other areas which he biopsied. I hadn't noticed any issue with those areas myself prior to the diagnosis.

• Posted

burning , stingy pain and sometime straight pain but a lot better now I had all those biopsies , paps, and transvaginal US in June, July and August of this year  maybe I wasn't healed up from all those test not sure!

• Posted

LS is a life long condition which is treated primarily with Dermovate or Protropic. Many people use coconut oil, emu oil, emuaid, other oils, sodium bicarbonate or borax rinses etc to help with the shrinkage, burning, itch, lesions too. There is a lot of details information under the LS section of this website where the ladies are very active. Many of us are able to get the LS to calm down and stay dormant for sometime until a flare up comes along. Take a look at this section of the website.
    • Posted

Can LS cause pain? The website did not come through :-(
    • Posted

Yes it can. Go to the top right hand side of this page and see the search box. Type in Lichen and click on Lichen sclerosus. When you move to the new page if you scroll down you will see patient information and also a section on forum/groups.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for taking time to send me this info Samantha!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.