Biopsy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Lady's I've got to have a biopsy on Monday right near the uritha so I know it's going to be painful can you give me any tips on managing the discomfort and soreness I will have and what should I wear I'm not a dress or skirt person because I have horrible legs apart from maxi dresses have any of you had this done in dreading this

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Just wear whatever you normally wear. You will have a nurse with you and she will be very understanding.
  • Posted

Hi there...yes I had similar.  Just like Marina said wear what you usually wear.  It will be similar to a smear test in which you just remove your lower garments and have a sheet around.  You sit/lay in a chair similar to a smear test (or pap I think they call it in America but I am in the U.K.) but in more of a dentist type chair.  They will probably numb the area with a cream and then give you a local anaesthetic so the actual biopsy won't hurt at all.  Ywill feel a small scrape from the injection but that's it and it sounds awful I know but really it's not and it's over very very quickly.  They take a tiny amount of skin/tissue whatever it is they are doing and then that's it.  It may sting a bit when you wee but you can just splash with water after and in a few days it will be all healed up.  You might want to air the area as much as you can so maybe wear a nightie in the evenings or just shove on the maxi dress for a couple of days.  I wouldn't put any lotions potions or antthing on it at all.  Just leave it alone and keep the area clean with a warm bath. Hope this helps. Annie

• Posted

Hi Annie thanks for that I'm in the UK to my gynaecologist said it would be very painful why would she say that if they numb the area

• Posted

It's a very sensitive area as we both know but I have had three similar things....all were slightly different but at no point was it an unbearable pain or anything like childbirth....if you have had children it's no where near like that pain.  The first biopsy I had was inside on the neck of my cervix. They wiped it with a cream which I think was a numbing thing like lidocaine and then just quickly snipped a piece of my cervix off. Very fast and quick and we are talking a few mm and not a huge chunk.  The next time I had something was when I had the bottom part of my cervix removed.  That was an injection up inside to numb it then they burnt part of the cervix off.  I was awake all the time and the most painful part was the scratch of the needle and then afterwards it felt very sore but it very very quickly healed.  I suppose even just a gentle scrape down in those lady bits can be described as painful but it really is more like a sharp sting and then it will feel sore and tender but will heal up so fast.  You could take some paracetamol beforehand to help with any stinging pain.  I know it's horrible but it's going to be over before you know it.  Take care, Annie

• Posted

Hi lady's I've had my biopsy done this morning wastnt so bad at the time but im very Sore now throbbing swollen hoe long will this go on For

• Posted

Hi there....its over now you just need to keep clean and it will heal itself very quickly.a couple of days.Warm baths or shower and take paracetamol.by the weekend it will all be a distant memory.take care,Annie

• Posted

Hi Annie 5000 I do hope so don't now hie yo sit at moment feeling very sore in taking paracetamol and will have a nicely shower later thanks again for answering my questions

• Posted

that should say don't now how to sit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.