Biopsy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had s biopsy today from just inside the vagina must say feeling very sore I had one before but that time I didn't have a stitch put in they used somthing else to seal it i found that more comfortable I'm finding it very sore to go and pee how long before will I feel less sore ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

I feel for you. I had punch biopsies taken last year. Three stitches which were very sore and whole vulva was swollen and painful for a couple of days. I struggled even to sit down. It does gradually start to ease after two or three days and warm baths help to soften and soothe. Perhaps if peeing is so painful you could squirt with clean cold water straight after? I often do this just to prevent irritation.

Really hope you feel more comfortable soon.

Debbie

• Posted

Thank you Debbie yes I'm swollen to I feel like I've been used as a dart board or pin cushion down there I don't freeze very well so had a free jabs of the needle I woll try the water after peeing o just hope they get to find out what's wrong with me this time The last one wasn't enough to diagnose what wrong

• Posted

About 3 days mine wasn't as sore.What symptoms were you having? How long did it take for them to get the right diagnosis? Took my GYN 12 months. I was going every couple months cause either I was itching or red and painful spots

• Posted

Hi getting very sore can't stand anything tight fitting agent me only wear baggy clothes and cotton knickers still haven't been diagnosed yet hopefully this biopsy will show what's wrong

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

I know the wait for the results seems long but you will soon know. Unfortunately it does sound like it may be Lichen Sclerosus. My experience has been similar. For some time I couldn't stand to wear my favourite choice of clothes, normally pretty underwear and close fitting jeans. For a good 6 months I just couldn't bear trousers and found that white cotton underwear with very soft elastic around the legs, washed in liquid soap flakes with no fabric softener and an extra rinse were good when I needed to wear some. When home I try to go commando! It really helps. I believe I also had an unrecognised bad reaction to Dermovate. The dermatologist implied I was using too much too often but also told me to use daily during a flare up which was almost constant from last May until now. I did cut right back to using once/twice a week but all my symptoms came back worse. Using Dermovate again daily (which I know from this forum is good for many sufferers) made it worse. The doctor sent me to the Dermatologist who just told me to 'come to terms with it' because it's a chronic condition. I know from reading other posts that other treatment is available but they weren't offering it. I recently spent a few months in Italy where a Gynaecologist gave me a milder steroid cream and estriol cream. The regime is 10 days a month of treatment then stop for remainder of the month. I only just started it but already the soreness is easing. Fingers crossed it works! Anyway, the reason for telling you all this is to highlight that you mustn't be downhearted. You will get it under control I'm sure. There's lots of support here on the forum and if you read through the posts you'll find lots of information. I have found that Hydromol ointment is very gentle both to wash with and as a barrier cream during the day. Just watch out for marking your clothes, it's a tough stain to remove so use sparingly. Even if it's not LS, this might help get you a little more comfortable. Half the battle is knowing what you're dealing with I know, then you can begin to find what works for you. When do you expect the results?

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie I'm thinking the same I'm showing the same symptoms as you I've had this got a good year now my gynaecologist sent me to a dermatologist because she didn't know what it was iv got to wait 8 weeks before my next appointment and also she's given me Dermovatd to use as well I've got to start in in about a weeks time I hope it helps me I'm glad you've found somthing that's helps you

• Posted

Yes I know all about the waits. I've also tried this and it works every time. Just go to office tell the lady up front that you are in need of seeing the dr and you will just wait to see if someone doesn't make their appointment so you can maybe get worked in. Be prepared for the stay. Bring bottled water and a snack. It's been about an hour and half wait for me. But if you need the dr you would be willing to sit all day!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.