Biopsy Did Not have Enough Celluarity

Posted , 1 user is following.

Just a little background, in Oct I noticed a swollen lymph node went to urgent care and was told I had an ear infection. A month and a half later and three antibiotics the lymph node is still there and other symptoms had begun (constant fever, extreme fatigue, night sweats, constant need to clear my throat) . I had a check up with my ENT in November (normal routine check up) and an ultrasound was done and said lymph nodes were reactive just to check back in three months. Went to my GP and blood test were ordered showing my white blood cell was high along with neutrophils. My GP refers me to infectious disease dr. This dr ran multiple blood test for infections which all came back negative. A ct scan that I still don't know the results as I haven't had my follow up. In the meantime the dr requested I get back to the ENT sooner than later to get the lymph node biopsied. I went back to the ENT in January who did another ultrasound and did not seem to concerned but said he would call the infectious disease dr to see what she wanted to do and would call me. The ent's office called to schedule a biospy which was last week. The results came back and the ENT's office says they are normal but the report shows due to low cellularity a limited flow cytometry was performed. The report ends with hodgkin lymphoma, some large cell lymphomas and non-hematopoietic tumors cannot be excluded by flow cytometry. Correlation with morphology, clinical history and other diagnostic information is recommended.

Should I just leave it at that and move on or should I seek out additional medical advice? The ENT does not seem to have any concern but he has also not actually done anything except look at my lymph node. I feel generally ill more days than others and the constant fever is really a bother.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.