Biopsy on Oral Lichen Planus

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, has anyone had a biopsy done for OLP?

How long did it take to get the results please?

Had mine done 6 weeks ago and still no result.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had a biopsy and that's how I got my diagnosis of oesophageal lichen planus. It is notoriously hard to diagnose otherwise. It was a few years ago and I think it took a couple of weeks. Good luck.

• Posted

I've had a couple of gastroscopies, where they inflate a balloon to stretch my oesophagus to make it easier to eat. It has definitely helped. I try to eat a vegan, organic diet.

• Posted

HI Anne13482

I had a lip biopsy done for sjogrens and it took 3 wks to get results. Hope this helps. You might want to call them.

• Posted

Hi Julia,

Thank you for replying. I did. Only the clinic receptionist was a bit 'short' and said it takes about 6 - 9 weeks (???) and go to your GP. Mmmm. Maybe she was having a bad day. I think I have sjogens too. My eyes, nose, mouth and skin are so dry. I've had to start using eye drops. Are you getting any meds? How is it going?

• Posted

HI Anne, My biopsy was positive. But I have also been diagnosed with Raynauds, OLP, lupus, osteoarthritis, rosacea and the list goes on. For sjogrens I use Genteal eye drops which work good. I have a prescription for Salagen for saliva but have not used it cause I just drink alot of water. I also used biotene products which worked well but I stopped using when diagnosed with OLP cause trying to get OLP calm. Was also on plaqunil for 3 years but weaned off cause of side effects such as irreversible blindness however it did take joint pain and fatigue away. All the drugs are guessing games I am trying to find the root to all the inflammation. For me I believe it is gut dysbiosis. So now trying to heal my gut. Also have MTHFR T677c which doesnt help. Wishing you healing!

• Posted

I've had several. Typically it can take a couple of weeks but with holidays and weekends it may take a bit longer. Give your doctor's office a call. They should be able to get be able to get them for you 😃

• Posted

Hello Anne,

I received my results in 4 weeks, I had my cheek, gums and inner jaw biopsied, I received a rushed response since I tested positive for cancer in the inner cheek location.

Hope this helps,

Robert

• Posted

Hi Robert, I am so sorry to hear that. Have they managed to excise the cancer? Are you doing OK?

• Posted

They ended up taking a tumor the size of a duck egg out of my cheek, I'm doing okay now, had my last radiation treatment on the 9th of July so just waiting for the healing to stop and my taste buds to come back. All is good, I hope that you get good news when you get your results.

Thank you Anne,

Robert

• Posted

Good luck, Robert and I hope you heal well. My B in L had something similar. That's a few years ago now. He ended up with a funny bent nose and now lies to the grandkids and tells them he got it boxing with Mohammed Ali ! 😃)

Hope we get to hear good news from you in the future.

All the best,

Anne.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.