Biopsy Report

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Doctor, 

This is my first time in this forum. I was found with low kidney function (42%) after a regular health check, and I had to go abroad for a month and doctor permit me to go, so I return after one month and check it has gone down 32% and cretnine to 2.2 surprisingly. So doctor conducted all different blood test and all came out normal. only above 32% and 2.2, and high protein in urine was found. I had BP for some 15 years and was not properly controlled, stupid me. 

So doctor advice me to go through a biopsy, and results are below. But I am abroad and waiting to meet the doctor for comments. 

5 Glomeruli are present 

IgG - Negative 

IgA - Negative 

IgM- Granula deposits are seen in capillary walls and mesangium of one glomerulus. 

C3 -   Granula deposits are seen in capillary walls and mesangium of the same glomerulus which showed IgM deposits. 

Please advice me on this, what this says, I am worrying. 

Thank you. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Please be aware that replies you get here are not from doctors! This is a peer support forum. Hopefully someone will respond who has some personal experience of what you are asking (I don't)k but this forum is not a substitute for your own medical team.

• Posted

I am definitely not qualified to help you interpret your biopsy results and so won't comment on that part of your post.

My father had chronic kidney disease resulting from high blood pressure. While he did work hard to control his blood pressure throughout his life, he still ultimately developed chronic kidney disease as a complication.

I'm not sure what specific treatment plan your nephrologist will put into place for you but suspect it will include a low sodium diet as well as a low fat diet. You'll also likely be encouraged to exercise regularly--just walking daily can help a lot.

Of course the most important thing is for you to get back to your nephrologist as soon as possible. Effective treatment could improve your renal function some, or stabilize it, or at least slow its progression.

Best wishes,

Marj

• Posted

I also can't comment on your medical results but to reassure you it's not always bad, I have had ckd stage 3 since diagnosis 15yrs ago cause mainly by high blood pressure which is well controlled. I don't see either a urologist or nephrologist, my regular GP does blood test annually. I have never been told to follow a specific diet etc. Different doctors say different things so the best thing to do is follow your own doctors advice on how to manage it. 

Your Egfr is a good indicator of how your ckd is although this can go up as well as down sometimes. 

• Posted

Hi All,

I started medication to control BP and some medicine for Kidney at the begening of November, and started the food control. I did one more thing in 2016, from January i went on a Kitosis diet without consulting a doctor. 

After medication, I check my Serum creatinine and it came out as 1.18 (GFR 74%) just yesterday. I am hopeful this will improve further. Any comments on this situation is useful.

Thank you all. 

• Posted

This is wonderful news! Actually, if you're able to stabilize your renal function at this current level fillowing your current treatment plan, you should be feeling and functioning quite well! Your most recent renal panel results actually have your kidneys functioning quite well!!

Marj

• Posted

Thanks Marj and all. This came to me also in surprise, I will strictly control my food intake and keep you guys updated. Thanks god for giving me back life! Regards to all. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.