Biopsy results

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi lady's today I got my biopsy results from my dermatologist and it's as I thought Lichen Sclerosis I'm feeling upset about it I know in my heart what it was but I hoped I was wrong and it would be something that could be healed for good now I'm depressed st the prospect of this dreadful disease for the rest of my life ok I'm 61 this year but I'm fed up with the fact I can no longer wear my nice close fitting jeans or nice knickers instead I'm wearing baggy knickers and baggy trousers 👖 I can't wear skirts or dresses unless they Cinderella down to my ankles because I have really horrible legs due to unsightly Vains there's no light at the end of the tunnel

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

That should say long not Cinderella lol
  • Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you have joined our c!ub,

We all understand how you feel,

It's heart breaking parting with favourite i items of clothing,

I work in a busy kitchen, I've been allowed to wear a suitable dress

Type overall, which is so. Much cooler,

What I'm trying to say, is that for once ,this desease, has had a positive,

I'm trying to be a little light hearted,

It's not nice when you are actually diagnosed with lichen's,

Thinking of you, xxx

• Posted

Hang in there- it will get better- of course you are upset- I was diagnosed at age 54- post menopause- when it's calmed down I can still wear jeans- otherwise wear sports pants from LLBean - and no underpants- give your self time to grieve and adjust

• Posted

Of course you can wear your jeans and nice underwear. These days good range in cotton and perhaps silk etc,you have to listen to your body more and try and get the LS at comfort level, I can't eat sweets very often as it can flare up and I find coconut water helps.

I thought I was going nuts before I joined this group and most of us have had the depression. Which can flare up with LS

Nobody understands what it's like to feel itchy,sore and pain at the same time that's why we try and support each

• Posted

Hi Rosemary,  I have just read your message to Gillian.  I agree with what you say.   I stick to cotton or natural fabrics, not silk though as it always makes me feel hot!

​I know I have asked this question before, but does anyone suffer with poor sleep, which I am convinced is due to LS, as the two nights of the week I use dermovate ointment I have a good night!!

• Posted

Me too!   I rely on my dermovate ointment twice a week, it really keeps things ticking over for me!
  • Posted

Hi Gillian, hang in there, try the BORAX spray.  I'm 80 and don't really care about veins or fitted jeans, can't worry about that now.  Just get on a reguime to get your LS under control, it is possible, try to stay away from steroids as they thin the skin and try the natural route.  Borax mixed with warm water till no lumps remain.  Small amount of Borax, spray on each time you go to the bathroom.  I also used a healing ointment, over the counter, from the drug store to protect the skin after as well.  Good luck kiddo, you have a long time to get back to those cool jeans.

• Posted

Thank you I will try that I'm feeling more positive today reading all your comments as lifeted my mood a little thank you s that as comrnted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.