Biopsy results

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have recently been undergoing some tests to find out the cause of upper abdominal pain. I had a biopsy during both an endoscopy and colonoscopy and I have been told that the biopsy showed a significant increase in white blood cells however my blood test was negative for Coeliac disease. Has anyone here had this happen to them? Do you think it means I definitely have Coeliac disease? 

Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is something you need to discuss with your GP.  I would have expected that whoever told you the results would have said explicitly whether or not you have coeliac disease, this certainly is what happened in my case.
    • Posted

the doctor that told me about this actually wasn't explicit, she said i would need to repeat the tests in 3 months. I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else, I have been left feeling a bit confused!

• Posted

I'm not surprised that you are confused!  Hopefully, you will get a clearer diagnosis after the next test.  It is difficult to see, though, why the second will show anything that the first one didn't.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.