Skip to content
Ad

Coeliac Disease

Also known as Dermatitis Herpetiformis, Gluten Intolerance

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Needing help

Hey everyone, im not sure whats going on with me but i have a huge list of symptoms and was wondering if gluten intolerance could be the issue..  i have had 2 colonoscopies and gastroscope in the past couple of years and all they told me afterwards was that im borderline lactose intolerant. ...

• Aray2427 Aray2427

Recent labs

Ab tansglutiminase Ttg Iga =7u 3-10= weak positive Ab endomysial=positive Ab gliaden igg=41 greater than 31 =strong positive All my pcp called me and said ws remove gluten. No refer all no answer to is this likely celiac. What do you think?

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Celiacs recently diagnosed with biopsies

After having a colonoscpy and endoscopy I have been told I have celiacs from biopsies. Got bloods taken the other day and my iron is low which i new would be the case but my liver enzyme is very slight raised and now im panicking over this. My gp said it was nothing to worry about and in keeping with...

Posted
  • Biopsy results

Hi, I have recently been undergoing some tests to find out the cause of upper abdominal pain. I had a biopsy during both an endoscopy and colonoscopy and I have been told that the biopsy showed a significant increase in white blood cells however my blood test was negative for Coeliac disease. Has anyone...

Last reply
  • Needing help

Hey everyone, im not sure whats going on with me but i have a huge list of symptoms and was wondering if gluten intolerance could be the issue..  i have had 2 colonoscopies and gastroscope in the past couple of years and all they told me afterwards was that im borderline lactose intolerant. ...

Posted
  • Gluten-free food additives - android app

Hello to all of you! I, as all of us here, suffer from celiac desease. Nowadays almost every product you take from a shelf contains food additives (E numbers) and there are additives, that contain gluten. Being a software developer myself I've create an app on Android, that helps to find out if...

Last reply
  • Recent labs

Ab tansglutiminase Ttg Iga =7u 3-10= weak positive Ab endomysial=positive Ab gliaden igg=41 greater than 31 =strong positive All my pcp called me and said ws remove gluten. No refer all no answer to is this likely celiac. What do you think?

Posted
  • Do I have coeliac disease?!

I have recently had a test for coeliac disease and my ttg level was 1000 and my doctor says he strongly believes that I have coeliac disease but is going to refer me to a gastro who will most likely do a biopsy before actual diagnosis. Is there any point in doing a biopsy when my ttg is so strongly positive...

Last reply
  • When I get depressed I find it really hard not to cheat

Whenever other things in my life get on top if me, I find it increasingly hard not to cheat. I dont do it regularly, maybe once every 6-8 months. Afterwards I'm filled with regret then I obsess over the damage I might have done and I worry myself further. I know about all the health risks I must...

Last reply
  • Coeliac but struggling to stay completely gluten free

Hi diagnosed with coeliac disease 18 months ago. Really try stay gluten free but when eating out find it so difficult n will cheat n eat bread or cakes etc then feel sad n guilty but happens again n again. Maybe twice month. Sometimes eat gluten without realising till after event. Just despondent....

Last reply
  • Coeliacs but confused please help

Hi, I was diagnosed with Coeliacs, not due to symptoms but because I was tested when my father was diagnosed with it. I am following a gluten free diet and have for 2 years now but I am confused that I have (not knowing till after) eaten gluten on a number of occasions in quite large quantities and had...

Last reply
  • Blood test came back weak positive

Hi everyone I actually dont know where to start but anyway im kind of excited i think finally fount my problem i have so many symptoms pains nerve pain fatigue severe depression loads more to list i hust hope someone can help i got tested in 2013 for celiacs and it came back positive heres my results...

Last reply
  • In trouble again!

I have been Gluten Free for about 2 and half years but this last couple of weeks I have had 2 of the attacks that I used to experience all the time. This last one is going on every day with loads of griping pain and bowel problems and at first I could not think what I had eaten that was not G.F. Then...

Last reply
  • Could I have coeliac disease?

Hi all, I'm 44 years old, suffer occasionally from migraines and have recently been diagnosed with mild carpal tunnel syndrome.  I frequently suffer from diarrhoea and flatulence and have been most my life.  When eating a lot of bread I often feel fatigued and have noticed the morning after...

Last reply
  • Coeliac and memory

I've recently been diagnosed with coeliac disease and i have such a terrible memory!!! Up until around 2 years ago i had a great memory, i could remember things from the week before and most importantly my childhood and big life events. i was also a stand up comic, i was always on and was quick at...

Last reply
  • Seems like Celiac

Hi all, Don't know if I have Celiac but for the last few weeks I have extreme bloating in my chest after every meals. I have been eating mostly veggies but during the day I eat gluten items like applesauce, lactose milk and aloe and apple juice. I seem to not be able to belch and it gives me great...

Last reply
  • Sugar & Health Concerns in Gluten Free Products

I am currently doing a thesis in Reducing Sugar in Gluten Free Products.  I was wondering, if you are UK based, if you could please fill out my questionnaire.   Thank you very much.    Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in...

Posted
  • My father & Celiac Disease

I am writing this in sheer desperation in the hope that someone can help me. My father has been very ill since February this year suffering from contant diarheoa. His weight has plummetted to just over 6 st (39kg's). He has also been having epeleptic seizures and is now heavily medicated to control...

Last reply
  • Can i have Cealic Disease?

I have had stomach pain for years but lately it became unbearable. I realised that my pain got worse after i changed my bread. I suspected for gluten intolerance. I had all the symptoms & did a blood test & it was negative. During this time i have been almost gluten free and i feel 1000 times...

Last reply
  • Negative coeliac test results

Hi everyone! I've just found this forum and am excited to possibly be able to talk to some people who can empathise with my symptoms! I have just had a negative blood result for coeliac and have been told categorically that I don't have cd. But I have so many symptoms (listed below) that I...

Last reply
  • Gluten free diet making me unwell

A few months ago i had a colonoscopy and endoscopy due to q history of unexplained weight loss and stomach pains. The biopsies taken came back showing a evidence of gluten intolerance and the doctor said i might benefit from a gluten free diet and to trial this for 4 weeks and then return to see him....

Last reply
  • Coeliac & Arrhytmia

Hallo there, Recently I have been diagnosed with Coeliac disease and with Arrhythmia. Symptoms are frequent diarrhoea, chest pain with palpitations, severe dizziness, tremors and tiredness mostly occurring mornings or midday. I had many ecg's, chest x-rays, blood counts, ecg stress test, echocardiogram...

Last reply
  • New symptoms since going Gluten Free

I was diagnosed as having Coeliac Disease last October after finding out in the summer I had chronic anemia which resutled in a blood transfusion and eventaully led to CD testing which came back borderline on blood test but positive on biopsy. I had suufered with constipation for years (even since a...

Last reply
  • Bowel problems

Does anyone else with Coeliacs disease suffer bowel problems. I have been coeliac for 20 years and still frequently have to go to the toilet, (up to 5 times a day) especially in the mornings, just after waking. 

Last reply
  • Can I drink green tea or hot tea from China in general?

Hello everyone, I just relaized that I need to get tested asap for Celiac Disease. I have the rash on my fingers, the gas, stomach pain from anything wheat and sugar related.  even when eating a clear diet, I get symptoms. One thing That might be the culprit is this tea from Taiwan and china. I...

Posted
  • Coeliac diagnosed!

I have recently been diagnosed with coeliac disease been having really bad stomach cramps for months now.I was feeling fine until now I have flu like symtoms I am wondering could this be down to gluten exposure !

Last reply
  • Coeliac disease

I've just been told that I have Hiatus Hernia, but I am wondering whether I might have coeliac disease as well, because of something I heard while I was having endoscopy last week. I am very worried that this might be the case, but someone in the forum might be able to give me some advice

Last reply
  • Refractory Coeliac

I've had coeliac disease for over 15 years and have followed the strictest of diets which my bloods surprisingly getting worse, the doctors and dietician are not sure why my bloods are running so high and we can't seem to find an answer, I've been tested for refractory coeliac once before...

Last reply
  • Other food intolerance with celiac

Orgianly I was diagnoses with non celiac gluten sensitivity so I went on the gluten free diet. Doctor at that time did not run tests. Going gluten free helped alot! 6 years after being gluten free i had issues again. Was sent this time to gi doctor. The go doctor said it sounded alot like celiac so...

Posted
  • Symptoms pointing to Celiac disease?

These are the symptoms ive been having since the beginning of December last year. It did stop for 2 month in between but came back with a vengeance! Doctors have told me its just hemmarhoids and an anal fissure however im not convinced. One of my grandparents has celiac disease and another has crohns,...

Posted
  • Does a negative blood test always mean no Coeliac Disease?

I was diagnosed with IBS, mainly abdominal cramping pain and intermittent diarrhoea, about six years ago - I'm now 71.  At the time I remember my GP checking to see if I had Coeliac Disease and the result was negative. In an attempt to try to improve the IBS, which was really getting me down,...

Last reply
  • Possible Coeliac?

Hi, I am 18 and for the past 6 weeks I have been suffering from a strange combination of symptoms. It started with a general discomfort in my upper abdomen below the ribs along with pains. These pains are intermittent and are sometimes felt in the back and come in waves. I then developed a...

Last reply
  • Next step after blood test?

Hi all, My daughter's blood test came back positive for Celiac. I've been told by lots of people that she will now need a biopsy or another test to confirm but the doctor said she might not. She is 10. Can anyone tell me what they next step was for them at this stage please and how long it took?...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.