Skip to content

Coeliac Disease

Also known as Dermatitis Herpetiformis, Gluten Intolerance

All discussions in this group

Next
  • After diagnosis

After nearly two years of symptoms and tests I have been given a diagnosis of coeliac disease (confirmed with a blood test and endoscopy) although it isn’t clear if all my symptoms stem from this. I haven’t really been advised of the process after diagnosis and having checked the NICE guidelines it …

Last reply
  • Anyone with negative gastroscopy?

I'm 31 and have the classic autoimmune bundle hypothyroid, vitiligo etc. I have also had a total thyroidectomy. Also history of vitamin deficiencies and anemia. Chronically fatigued, joint pain and severe dermatitis on scalp and ears (awful). About 3 years ago I started having gastric symptoms. …

Posted
  • IM scared And getting upset

So I have a area I noticed a bump in and am scared it might be the big H I know a lot of people say it’s not the end of the worl everyone pretty much has it  without knowing they have it! Well im starting a new relationship and we aren’t going to be active for at least 2 years to connect on a …

Posted
  • Help with blood test result please

Hi - my 16 year old son has Coeliac Disease and has been gluten free since diagnosis (a couple of years).  He has recently had some blood tests and his Serum tissue transglutaminase level was borderline.  Does anyone know what this means?

Last reply
  • Tomato and acid reflux

Hi, those who get reflux as a consequence of being glutened, please tell me how quick after eating gluten food you notice reflux/heartburn. Immediately or after few hours or even later? I was 23 days on gluten free diet and my heartburn was disappearing bit by bit.  But yesterday I ate …

Last reply
  • Confused - blood test results

Hello all.  I'm diagnosed coeliac by blood test and endoscopy and my children have now all been tested.  One of them has had a positive result on the blood test and is awaiting endoscopy. When I had my blood test I was told anything below 5 was normal - however, my daughter has been …

Last reply
  • Why do I not react to certain foods with gluten in it

Hi,  I posted this in another part of the board which I think was the wrong area. Here is what I posted.  I have been diagnosed with Celiac disease for a couple years now and I react strongly to some food but not as much to others. If I eat cake, more then one cookie, english muffin and …

Last reply
  • Dermatitis herpetiformis

I have not officially been diagnosed yet but am going through the diagnosis, since I was 15 I’d have this rash on my face always in the same places it would flare up and no matter how much piriton or cream or wouldn’t go I thought it may have just been Eczema, I’m now 18 and I’ve had a bad flare up …

Last reply
  • It's all starting to make sense to me now

I have been suffering from IBS like symptoms since my childhood, I'm now 23 and I have come to the conclusion that I am suffering from Coeliac Disease, I have been having on and off constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, abdominal pain, mouth ulcers for years and I'm also suffering from low …

Last reply
  • Glutened=Migraine

I was diagnosed with Celic Disease in March and have been gluten free until a few days ago when I accidentally had gluten...... a day after I started to get this Migraine that has been on and off since! Does this happen to anyone else? I’m new to this and always used to suffer from migraines but …

Last reply
  • Anyone with DH able to answer some questions for me please.

I am diagnosed Ncgi from a negative coeliac blood test food diary elimination diet then trial of re introduction. I initially attended the gp over 2 years ago with symmetrical rash which didn't respond to any treatments, some small blisters and stinging, tingling and an insanely itchiness often …

Last reply
  • The Trouble with Diagnosis...

I start this thread with a big massive "sigh!" I am fairly certain I've experienced the five stages of grief lately, in regards to the loss of my sanity and my faith (and patience) with doctors. I'm a 34 year old woman in Australia, and can't remember a time where breads, …

Last reply
  • Blood work results (U.K.)

What is the likelihood of my biopsy being positive? My TTG IGA levels were 59.1 when my labs normal are 0-14.9 , so four times over the normal limit also my EMA was positive? Just antsy if it comes back different but with blood work like this presumably it would come back positive? X

Last reply
  • Negative results

I posted on here yesterday about my symptoms all very in sync with coeliac. Years of diarrhoea/constipation, chronic abdominal pain sometimes so bad I feel like I'm going to pass out, severe fatigue and exhaustion, joint pain, I have an underactive thyroid and also postitive for HLA B27 which …

Last reply
  • Pain under ribs.

I was diagnosed with celiac disease around 5 years ago. I never really followed the diet as my symptoms were never too bad. Around 5 months ago I developed a pain below my rib cage. It is either on the left or the right hand side, it seems to very daily. I got referred to a GI doctor who done an …

Last reply
  • Coeliac blood results

I have just received my blood results for coeliac  My labs normal range is 0-14.9 My results 59.1 I have to go for a gut biopsy  Is my coeliac bad? What will happen after biopsy?

Last reply
  • Recently coeliac diagnosed, weird symptoms

Hi all I have been suffering for a few months now with coeliac like symptoms and was like week diagnosed. Does anyone suffer with a sore throat? I have had this for a while now and a little red spot on my tonsil and I am wondering if it could be linked. I also have a lot of muscle pain which …

Last reply
  • Under active thyroid, HLA B27 and Coeliac

10 years ago I was diagnosed with and under active thyroid and 7 years ago diagnosed positive with HLA B27. I have spent years having diarrhoea and constipation with cronic stomach cramps and uveitis.  More recently I'm suffering with extreme fatigue, low mood, muscle weakness and aches, …

Last reply
  • Celiac disease

I was diagnosed with celiac disease in 1963 confirmed by a biopsy at the age of 2 I'm nearly 57 and had a colonoscphy done a few years bk and was told I don't have celiac I have diverticulitis I have so many problems wich usually link to celiac disease

Last reply
  • What are your Symptoms

I am new to this and currently in the process of being tested. I am on the second day of 6 weeks of eating gluten. It was by chance that I’m getting tested. These are my symptoms. Low B12 and folate, bloating, stomach ache, tiredness, constipation, depression ( also have bipolar so it could be that …

Last reply
  • Pruney fingers??? Is it related to Coeliac?

Hey all, I’ve been suffering from pruney fingers for maybe a month now. It comes and goes but they feel almost painful now and a bit tight, pruney appearance gets worse when I stretch my fingers.  I’ve had my thyroid tested with TSH, T3,T4 and antibodies and all is well with that test. So I’m …

Posted
  • Cealic/Rheumatoid Arthritis

Would celiac disease  throw up false/positives RE Rheumatoid arthritis inflammation .Would it cause high RA factor. ​I don't follow a gluten free diet.  

Last reply
  • ADVICE PLEASE

Hello I went to the doctors for a medication review for another illness I have and I happened to mention that I was very tired. The doctors said I should have a blood test. 2 days later the results came back and I was low on B12 and folate and the test should be repeated in 2 weeks. I went back for …

Last reply
  • Should I go gluten-free before I've had my endoscopy tests

I recently had the results of my blood test which said I have coeliacs disease. The nurse said that I should start cutting gluten out of my diet even before I have my endoscopy tests at the hospital but most of the literature I read says that I should continue eating as I normally do until I have …

Last reply
  • Living with coeliac disease

Hi all. My other half has had a blood test saying he may have coeliac disease, he has had the biopsy last Saturday and waiting for a confirmation but I am and so is he concerned about it. He's 28yrs old and could have had it for several yes, even from a child. The thing we are most concerned …

Last reply
  • Confusion about HLA-B27,Gluten,Vitamin B12 deficiency

I was having chronic itchy eye and eye inflammation problem and have visited to 4 different ophthalmologists. All have same answers, like you have allergy of something which is difficult to detect, gave prescription of steroid drops which was helping temporarily only and advised to wear goggles. …

Last reply
  • Could I have coeliac disease?

I have been suffering with symptoms for a few years now and over the last few months things have definitely been getting worse. I end up going to the toilet sometimes more than 10 x a day. It's not always diarrhoea but it is definitely loose and not what I'd class as normal. I'm always …

Last reply
  • Symptoms have stopped - could I still have Coeliac Disease?

I experienced a range of intense symptoms at the start of this year (2018), and I was tested for coeliac disease amongst other things. All of my other results came back fine, except for Coeliac, but my doctor thought that it might be a false positive as I might not have been eating enough …

Last reply
  • What do I have?

Hello I've posted in a few different discussion groups now as I have no idea what's going on. Just after Christmas I started having diarrhoea. That hasn't stopped. I've had chronic diarrhoea since. I also get lighter coloured stools and stools that are fatty and have bubbles coming …

Last reply
  • need help

35 years ago I had problems with my stomach after lots of tests magic eye etc. they said its just a nervous stomach I've been on zantac ever since 6 years ago I had a very bad chest infection it took 3x double doses of antibiotics 2 courses of steroids to get it under control 3 years ago I was …

Last reply
  • Coeliac Symptoms but the blood test is negative

I've experienced symptoms for as long as I can remember, which are now classified as symptoms of coeliacs disease.  I went off gluten when I suspected I was coeliac, and the symptoms dissipated: bloating, abdominal pain, heart burn, lethargy, nausea, bone pain, dizziness (somewhat like …

Last reply
  • Need Help No idea whats this

Hi everyone i need help with this issue thqt ill provide a link on how it llooks coz im not sure what is this but if someone had this issue would be amazing if u help me coz the doctors said i cant heal this one but who knows i wanna give it a try Image link Moderator comment:I have deleted the …

Posted
  • Liver test results

Hi I've just had my recent liver results back and all good apart from 1. My ALP is 39 (UK) so is low. All the others are fine. My GP ordered the test as he's referred me to gastro. I've had chronic diarrhoea for 2 months with fatty stools. Has anyone had this and know what it means? …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.