Can anyone advise please?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! I hope everyone is keeping well? Can I ask people their advice please? I finally have a face to face appointment with a dietitian in June. (I know rare thing). I am definitely coeliac, I have oral allergy syndrome and am strictly veggie. I am heading towards 05 but the other way round! I have been following a gluten free diet since 2017/8? (Brain fog - can't quite remember when). Given the age I am and the number of years I have followed it I am now BORED! I HATE my diet, it's the same EVERY day. I now would like to add stuff in to my diet, since years seeing dietitians has STRIPPED all the taste, virtually all fruit and veg out. My questions are these: 1) What would you ask a dietitian if you were me? 2) Where can I go for a tasty gluten/soya free sausage without meat? 3) What do dietitians mean if they say introduce 1 thing at a time? What? I am confused! I have tried this for years to reintroduce ANYTHING but without success, I had no oral allergy syndrome diagnosis, no knowledge of being coeliac and no information on how to do this. I would like to know so that ONCE and for all I have a list of stuff I CAN eat and not everything I can't. Is it coeliac disease that makes you feel like this or am I getting bored and more worried with age. I am heading up to the menopause and need to know if being a grumpy moany old woman is me? If so I'll have to admit to myself that I am like this due to age and not being coeliac.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.