Help pls no motivation to start a gluten-free diet

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone. gluten makes me feel real bad physically. but I have this immeasurable love for bread and biscuits which of course contain gluten. i just don't find any motivation to avoid them. i try very hard but i still end up eating them... any advice pls how to suppress cravings for food with gluten? (I can't also have gluten-free bread coz they're pricey af)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi rainism, why can't you have gluten? have you been diagnosed coeliac or with a gluten intolerance. if you haven't then maybe you shouldn't be cutting gluten out of your diet anyway. if you have been try this and see if it stops you eating gluten. i am coeliac - definitely! i stopped eating gluten as soon as i had a positive diagnosis because one thing that really saddened me was discovering that if i carried on eating gluten it can lead to bowel cancer, which my grandad died of and watching him die ripped me to shreds, i'll never forget how much pain he was in. you have a choice: grin and bear it and be thankful you know what it is or die of bowel cancer. your choice.yes gluten free bread is dear but speak to your doctor, you could get some bread on prescription. i'd rather live that's all. if coeliac is all you have then that's manageable, i am coeliac, have mass allergies and am v veggie too!

• Posted

I see this is an old post...so hopefully you get this. Unfortunately wheat works on the opiate receptors in the brain so it is literally addictive! When you cut it out completely you will go through withdrawal symptoms, which is like a flu..mine lasted 2 weeks. It is so worth it though. To satisfy my carb type cravings..I usually make flatbread.. from things like flaxseed, gram flour, buckwheat flour (not related to wheat..it is a seed), tapioca flour. Also occasionally a cake that is made from such things as almond flour..usually a mix of flours..the lighter one is probably tapioca or plantain. You will become a better cook and much healthier for it! (especially if you use things like fruit, coconut sugar, honey, to sweeten and not refined sugar). Good luck on your journey to health!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.