Biopsy results

Posted , 4 users are following.

well I had my biopsies but the results were vague sounding, lichenoid appearing, possible atopic, the periodontist is concerned it could be mucous membrane pemphiod....very scary disease indeed. The stuf I’ve read on it really didn’t sound like what I have. I’ve definitely had the white striped lines which go away when I use the steroid ointment. Does anyone else notice a flare up with spicy tomato type foods? Most of my erosive areas are on my Gums near the teeth, when it flares up it’s almost like a toothache. Do any of you experience this? I’m just getting frustrated and a little anxious right now.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I understand your frustration as I have been dealing with this stuff for 4 years. Mayo clinic took biopsy if my inside of lower lip came back as lichen planus. Prior to diagnosis, many things fired up, dry mouth burning mouth, dry eyes, no taste, Inflamed gums, sores on tongue, white vein patches inside cheeks, as the OLP progressed the entire mouth became incredible painful, I couldn't eat or drink even water burnt my mouth. the pain was a 15 this past week. started drooling on Wed, by Thursday night full blown flare. I've been to two hospitals since that time gave me shot of steroid and 4 more to take over the next 4 days, I'm now able to drink some milk and ate a pudding container. the l.p. has gone into my throat and esphogus, causing lesions open sores so painful causing laryngitis. I have severe L.P. on both my shins and top of feet, all my toe nails, fingernails and scalp have been effected, my ears, eyes have too! This sucks. This all started 3 months after my total knee replacement in April 2013. every biopsies of my shins and feet come back as undetermined they can't name it. I've been hospitalized twice with serious infections in legs because of it.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I’m so sorry to hear what you are dealing with. It’s a very frustrating condition, I pray that you get some relief soon. Did anyone ever question mucous membranes pemphigoid? What I’ve read on it sounds very similar to LP but effects the eyes and esophagus. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Christine, Tomatoes are of the night shade veggies which also include peppers, eggplant, white potatoes. They are known to cause inflammation in some people especially with autoimmune issues. You might try cutting them out for a while then add back in one at a time to check for reactions. Also if you are able to see a functional medicine doctor they are making great progress in the autoimmune field! Unfortunately we only have 2 in the state of Delaware and neither one accepts my insurance😫

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you Julia I will avoid them. Don’t know why my biopsy was so vague?? It mentioned subdermal separation, which is noticed in pemphigoid but I’m wondering if using the steroid ointment could cause this too as it thins the skin, I have eczema so I know this first hand. The report also mentioned if that was suspected to stop steroids for three weeks prior to another biopsy. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up